Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It's a Tea Party ...


So today was the day ... the much anticipated Tea Party for my BFF's birthday!!  I got up early this morning and baked and prepped ... the table was set, the gift was purchased, the card was made!  All this party needed was the birthday girl :)


We enjoyed the most wonderful afternoon together -- chatting, laughing, catching up!  It was just what we both needed to 'recharge our batteries'!!


My friend, Susan, owns her own cupcake and cake business, so it was a natural decision for me to give her a copy of the The Cupcake Diaries by the Kallinis Sisters ... Sophie and Katherine, owners of DC Cupcakes!  It is both Susan and my dream to travel to Washington this summer and visit DC Cupcakes live and have our own tea party with some yummy, fresh, hand baked cupcakes made by the sisters!!


I baked a batch of french vanilla cupcakes and frosted them with whipped buttercream frosting and then sprinkled the tops of the cakes with Cinnamon Sprinkles and pink edible sugar glitter ... I didn't snap a picture of the cupcakes decorated before I put them into the little cupcake box, but believe me -- they were super cute and yummy looking!!  The cupcake box is the new Hey Cupcake template from My Time Made Easy -- LOVE it!!


Susan and I have enjoyed many the hours together getting inky and stampy, so I also gifted her a one-year subscription to Paper Crafts Magazine for some fun inspiration!!


Our first course consisted of cucumber finger sandwiches on whole wheat bread that I cut out with adorable tea pot cookie cutters!   We also feasted on Quiche Lorraine (Swiss cheese & bacon) and Quiche Florentine (Swiss cheese and spinach) petite quiches!


The second course consisted of Cranberry Orange Scones with Devonshire Cream and Champagne Jelly - yum!!

The final course ... the yummiest ... was the dessert course!  We enjoyed Double Chocolate Spirals, Mini Cheesecake Tortes with Raspberry Jam, Lemon Button Tea Cookies and Cinnamon Cookie Straws!

All in all ... a FABULOUS day!  One that I've been looking forward to for days on end!  It's not that often that I just stop and do something so over the top fun like this!  I can't get the smile off my face ... I adore hosting and attending tea parties, so today was a blast!

And, if it couldn't get any better ... we're heading out to dinner in a bit with the hubby's -- a continuation of the birthday celebration!

Today was a GOOD DAY!  I hope you had a fabulous day too -- no matter where you are and what you did!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

7 comments:

pattyo said...

Oh my! I wish I was there! Everything looks beautiful! You are making me hungry again! I bet your friend is over the moon with her special day.

Becky said...

I have been to DC Cupcakes and it is a trip worth taking. My parents live right outside DC so my daughter and I went and a year and a half later we still dream of DC Cupcakes.

Sara P said...

Such a beautiful tea spread. Having tea was something I (and my daughter) did with my mom and it is much missed.

Sara P said...

What a beautiful tea spread. I (and my daughter) had tea with my mom and we miss it a lot. Your photos reminded me of the wonderful times we had together.

Lulu/cy said...

JeepersnCreepers Wow-Za wowza wow
There is always some-thing so very Special about spending time with
friends. When we Are then also a part of their days Celebration of
Life, It's all the more SPECIAL.
May U& Ur Loves contiune know all the Best of what Life can offer.
Many Joys

Minnilue said...

Oh, my. DC Cupcakes--did you see the show this week about their making the World's Largest Cupcake and the Horse Jump Cupcake? So much fun! The Cupcake Shop in Raleigh is closer. Sara is from Hillsborough, and Buddy from "Cake Boss" just visited her shop when he was here. My husband and I just went to Sugarland on Franklin St in Chapel Hill. They make awesome cupcakes also.

Karen Day said...

I want to come to your house for tea!! We drove past DC cupcakes this summer, and the line was out the door and around the block! (and it was about 120 degrees...) If you're there in the summer, go early :o)