Monday, December 26, 2011

The Shabby Tea Room #94!

 Hello sweet friends and welcome to The Shabby Tea Room #94!  This week, Melissa is our creative host, and she has chosen the theme of 'A Colorful and Shabby New Year' for our challenge along with this festive photo for inspiration ...


... and Melissa asks that we create a card or project inspired by the above photo and USE PINK OR RED, BLUE, YELLOW and GREEN!

My husband treated me to this lovely tea set for two a couple weekends ago when we visited Wilmington!  We had a tea party (yes, my husband went to a Tea Room with me!!!) and at the end, he told me to pick out a set that I liked!  He knows I simply adore anything 'tea' related and love to host and attend tea parties, so this was a very thoughtful lunch that he treated me to ... and the tea set was the icing on the cake :)

So, I used this pretty little set as the spring board for my inspiration this week!  My in-laws arrive tomorrow for their annual holiday visit with us and will be staying through the 1st.  I thought it would be so much fun to host a 'real' tea party for my mother-in-law on New Year's Day when all the guys go golfing, so my project this week included a couple of cute tea pot and cup place markers that I can personalize with our names ...


... these both were made using templates and papers found on the {new} Creating With Vintage Illustrations CD available from Crafty Secrets!  The tag toppers were made with a couple of Creative Scraps from the Altered Fairies and Wonderland Tea sets.  


I'll be sure to take pics of the table when all set for the tea party and share here on the bloggity blog with you!  I love peppermint tea ... especially during the holidays!  The little pink wrapped peppermint candy is from Martha Stewart, pink & white flower from The Ribbon Reel, tags stamped with the Tea For Two set from My Time Made Easy, Pink Bubblegum and Vintage Winter White shabby vintage seam binding from my Etsy Shop.  


My mother-in-law is a HUGE tea drinker ... so I decided to take this little ensemble a step further and create a sweet little gift box to hold some tea bags that she could take home with her after our tea party!!


This adorable house is another template found on the {new} Creating With Vintage Illustrations CD from Crafty Secrets ... super simple to assemble, and then I embellished mine with some snipetts of vintage trim, lace, buttons, pearls and glitter!


I wish the glitter showed up better in the pics ... I glittered all the flowers on all four sides of the house!


And there you have it ... my sweet treat gift for my sweet mother-in-law!  I think she'll enjoy it, how about you???

And, if you hadn't guessed it yet, our {sweet} sponsor in the Tea Room this week is Crafty Secrets!  Sandy is generously donating a copy of the {new} Creating With Vintage Illustrations CD along with a $25 gift certificate to the shop for our lucky winner this week, so you'll definitely want to play along for your chance to win!!!


Please be sure to stop by the other Shabby Girls' blogs to see what they have designed for your inspiration this week:

Charlene Cundy - Expresstions of Me!
 
Cindy Holshouser - Sweet P Paperie

Fran Westmoreland - Purple Peanut's Crafty Blog

Melissa Bove - Creating From the Heart

Sheri Holt
- My Sheri Card

... I cannot wait to see what you'll create for our color challenge this week!

Thanks for peeking in today!

Hugs!
xoxoxoxo

Challenges for this project:
Really Reasonable Ribbons #38 - anything and ribbon
PALS Paper Arts #125 - tag you're it!

16 comments:

pattyo said...

Beautiful tea set--both the real and the paper crafted! I'm sure your MIL will love it and the tea party.

Trisha said...

The tea set you created is so awesome. What a fun time you and your mother-in-law will have on this special lady's day. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

Charlene said...

Over the top fantastic!!! WOW girl your mil will LOVE!

missmacymay said...

This is the most precious thing I have ever seen. I need to get me that CD if this is what can be done. I too love anything tea related and I wish you a fun memory filled tea party.

missmacymay said...

This is the most precious thing I have ever seen. I have to get me that Crafty Secret CD if these are the kind of things that can be made. I wish you a fun and memory making afternoon tea with your MIL.

missmacymay said...

This is the most precious thing I have ever seen. I need to get me that CD if this is what can be done. I too love anything tea related and I wish you a fun memory filled tea party.

Judy Rozema said...

So so sweet! Love your tea set - both of them! Thank you for playing at Really Reasonable Ribbon in our Anything Goes Challenge!

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

Gorgeous gift set! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

anj said...

As a fellow tea lover & equally of beautiful things to drink it out of I absolutely adore your teaset & the crafted accessories it inspired you to make.

While out christmas shopping I spotted some gorgeous china in Debenhams here in the UK. You might like to feast your eyes on the '100 years of Royal Albert' collection here: http://uk.wwrd.com/en/restofworld/patterns-a-z/100-years-of-royal-albert-/icat/rd_100years_din/

Enjoy!

Jan Hennings said...

What an adorable tea set! Just love the new Crafty Secrets CD :) Great use of ribbon and thanks for playing along with the challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

sandee said...

omg, you are so talented! Love your projects and here's hoping you and your MIL have a smashing good tea time together!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet inspriation project. Thanks for sharing!
Jan B.

Sandra said...

Hi Debbie! I just love your tea set! It is fantastic! Hugs Sandra

Maria said...

Wow!!! What a sweet tea set you made for your mother-in-law! I'm sure she'll love it!

Ellen said...

Hi Deb! Your project is stunning. Such beautifully soft colors. You and your MIL should have a fantastic party!

Pauline said...

What a lovely tea set your hubby treated you too, and I love your take on it with these sweet designs! Happy new year!