Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Ribbon Reel #17!

 Hello all and welcome to The Ribbon Reel #17 - 'Shabby Holiday Wonder'!  I am the host for this week's challenge and I have chosen this gorgeous picture for inspiration ...


... and I'm asking everyone to create a card or project inspired by the above photo and USE CREAM OR WHITE, BLUE OR AQUA and SILVER!


I stamped the sentiment on a piece of cream cardstock I die cut with a Spellbinders die, inked the edges to create a time-worn look, added silver rhinestones and then adhered some rouched 15mm Sheer Ruffle Edge Blue ribbon from The Ribbon Reel Shop.  


I added a ruffle of some 16mm Organic Cotton Strip Blue ribbon and then tie some Ivory Button Twine around the middle of the pretty ribbon ruffle!


To complete the card, I die cut a tree from blue glitter paper, die cut a cute little child on a sled from cream cardstock and adhered them both to the card base.  I added a pretty little shabby seam binding bow and topped it off with a couple of silver jingle bells tied on with more Ivory Button Twine!  

Please be sure to pop on over and visit The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog to check out the wonderful inspiration from the teamies this week!!

Thanks for visiting with me today!

Hugs!
xoxoxoxo

Challenges for this card:  
Stamptacular Sunday #142 - Christmas Glitz
Create for CARDS - Christmas card with tree as focal


7 comments:

pattyo said...

Beautiful card! Love the blue used here.

Pauline said...

This is beautiful Debbie, and such a gorgeous inspiration pic too!

Keilly said...

Thanks for such a great inspiration photo this week. Your card is beautiful, I love the glitter and the rouched ribbon.

Carolyn L. said...

Beautiful! I love your color combo and your layout. Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular.

Winnie said...

Beautiful card, love the colors, thank you for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday this week

Hugs Winnie

Conniecrafter said...

very sweet, great combo of glitter, gems and doily!

Nina said...

A really beautiful card!! Love the colours and the sparkly tree. Gorgeus!

Thanks for joining our "Christmas Glitz" challenge at Stamptacular Sunday last week :)
Hugs, Nina.