Thursday, December 8, 2011

Noel from across the miles ...

 I love 'happy mail' ... don't you??!!??  I just had to share this amazing card I received in the mail on Tuesday from my stampy friend, Joanna!!


My jaw dropped when I saw this beautiful card on Joanna's blog a couple weeks ago ... it's so beautiful, elegant and pretty!  I love all the layers and texture ... yum!!
Well, much to my surprise, when I visited my mailbox on Tuesday I received this wonderful card along with an extra sweet surprise inside ... an Inspired by Stamping stamp set I've been drooling over since I saw it launch over at the Shop!   It was like Christmas morning here for me -- swoon!!!  I can't wait to have some time to ink it up ... I love playing with new toys, don't you??!!??

So, before I had left for the weekend in Wilmington, Joanna and I set a time to Skype on Tuesday night since she lives oh so far away in Australia.  I got all comfy on my sofa with a soft blankie and my laptop, turned on my computer and we connected!  It was just SO MUCH FUN 'chatting live' with my dear, dear stampy friend!  We talked and talked ... and talked ... and 3 1/2 hours later, we reluctantly decided to hang up, but already agreed that we're going to make this a once per week (at least) thing that we treat ourselves to!

We have so much in common ... it's truly the most amazing thing when you find someone in this great big world of ours that you can share so much of your life with.  It was a real 'pinch me' moment when we first connected ... after having only chatted via e-mail and blog posts for the better part of the year.  I think the world of this sweet gal and enjoyed every single minute of our chat session!  I can't wait to do it again after the holidays ... we'll have so much to catch up on as we're both traveling for the holidays this year!! 

Thanks for letting me share my happy news ... at this crazy and busy time of the year when we're running around with all the hussle and bussle of the season, it's a simple joy to reach out and connect with a friend!

I so appreciate all of you and all of the wonderful, sweet comments you've left for me on this ol' blog throughout the year!

I hope you're having a merry day!

Hugs!
xoxoxoxo

2 comments:

busymartha said...

New toys are the best! This is a stunning card, the background paper is gorgeous!

Joannna M. said...

Hello sweetie! I have been so slack on google reader and this morning I am sitting here with my coffee playing catch up and what do I see.... You made me cry! Thank you for your beautiful words! I am so touched right now! xoxo