Monday, December 19, 2011

Crafty Secrets Design Team Challenge - Home Decor!

 Hello sweet friends and welcome to my blog today!  I'm super excited to share the project I created for the December Design Team Challenge at Crafty Secrets ... 'Home Decor' -- YUMMY!  I adore creating home decor projects out of paper and glue, so this one was really fun for me!  Warning ... I took lots of pictures of each little element I created, so grab a cuppa something warm and yummy and sit back, relax and enjoy!!

For today's home decor project, I used a combination of digital papers from:





and

Christmas Mail Clear Art Stamp Set

Ready, set ... here we go! 

I created a garland with tiny little hanging packages, rusty pie tins and burlap mittens ... all decorated with bits and bobs of treasures ... made with LOVE!
 

Mini rusty pie tins painted with cream paint and embellished with glitter leaves, paper flowers, bloomers, baker's twine, jingle bells and vintage holiday creative scraps!


I sewed two little burlap mittens together and left an opening at the top so I could fill with goodies!  I added pom-pom trim, glittered berries and leaves, buttons, twine, jingle bells and a vintage holiday creative scrap ticket!


I purchased tiny little boxes from the craft store and then wrapped them with papers from the CD's!  So darling in real life!!  I added pretty polka dotted ribbon, a large paper bloom and a kraft tag inked to give it a time-worn look!

Another burlap mitten ... this one is filled with red and white chenille candy canes that I made!!


This little sweetie is a cork heart cut with a Spellbinders die then embellished with a vintage holiday creative scrap, bloom, stamped angel wings, buttons, baker's twine and jingle bells.  The hanger is a green paper clip that I untwisted and hot glued to the back of the heart!


This is my favorite little goodie on the garland ... love this newsprint paper that is included on the Creating with Vintage Illustrations CD and how about that gorgeous red and white ticking ribbon - yum!  I added a couple of sweet green blooms with darling red polka dots and a kraft grungie tag too!!


Another vintage mini pie tin ...


Another sweet mini burlap mitten filled with treasures ...


And another tiny little box wrapped with adorable red polka dotted paper with aqua print in the background ... LOVE!

So, there you have it!  I strung my sweet, homespun garland across a bank of three windows I have in my kitchen and love to walk past it all day long and give it a little peek ... it just brings a smile to my face every time I see it!
Please be sure to visit all the other teamies' blog to check out their awesome Home Decor projects:


Thank so much for allowing me to share my Home Decor project with you today!  I appreciate all of your amazing and sweet comments!

Happy Day!
Hugs!!
xoxoxoxo

2 comments:

pattyo said...

How cute! I think the heart is my favorite!

Conniecrafter said...

your garland is so pretty in the window, love your wreaths above it too!