Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Box Isn't Just a Box!

 Hello sweet friends and welcome to the official RELEASE PARTY at My Time Made Easy!  Today the teamies and I are all showing different ways to create with and package goodies up using the new ...
A Box is a Box template!


The absolutely adorable template comes complete with two different top versions and four different decorative cut side versions - WOW -- talk about bang for your buck!  I am designing today using the option #2 top with snowflake cut side panels.  


This box couldn't be any easier to assemble ... all straight sides, apply some double sided sticky tape and adhere each side to the next until you have a box and a top!


I ran with the winter wonderland theme of my gift set and added some white pom-pom trim to look like snowballs and some sweet red and white polka dotted ribbon.  The nosegay on the top is some extra wide lace from my stash, some Paradise Aqua Mist seam binding from my Etsy Shop, a couple large red jingle bells (yum!), some baker's twine and a pretty holly leaf and berry chipboard piece.


One of my favorite things to do on those cold, blustery winter days is to sit by the fireplace and drink hot cocoa -- bundled in a a snuggly blanket -- watching a movie!



For the matching card, I stamped a 'snowflake-y' image from the Dashing Through The Snow stamp set onto a piece of kraft tag and then added a couple more bits and bobs of treasure to coordinate with my winter wonderland snow box!


I embossed the base of the card with a polka dot embossing folder to continue the 'snowball' theme!


To complete this fun gift set, I added a couple jumbo marshmellows to a tele-scoping stick I picked up at Target a couple weeks back -- tied a red grosgrain 'scarf' around my little marshmellow snowman and covered him up a cello bag tied at the bottom with twine.  The kraft tag was inked to create a snow-y effect.  I used one of the snowflakes cut out from the side panels on the box top to add to my tag to tie the two piece together and then stamped the sentiment using the Sugar and Spice stamp set!  The addition of some baker's twine and a couple of teeny, tiny jingle bells complete this sweet fella!


And there you have it ... my oh so sweet winter wonderland gift set!  This project was just too much fun to design ... give it a try yourself -- you'll have a blast making a set like this and your recipient will LOVE it!!  I wish the pictures here did this sweet set more justice ... it's really eye-catching IRL :)

Please be sure to hop around and check out all the other teamies projects today showcased on their personal blogs:

... and for more great gift-giving ideas, please visit the My Time Made Easy DESIGNER'S GALLERY!

I'll be back again tomorrow with one more project to share for the December Release ... see you then!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges for this project:  
Create for CARDS - non-traditional holiday colors
Fussy and Fancy #50 - gift/anything but a card
Stamptacular Sunday #140 - anything Christmas


7 comments:

pattyo said...

I am in awe! You truly are the queen of boxes and matching cards! I absolutely love this set!

julieprice3 said...

Absolutely Beautiful! I love the colours and your sweet embellishment. Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week
Hugs Julie P

Lisbeths kort og scrap said...

This is so wonderful! I love it - so sweet colours and so nice decorated. Thanks a lot for joining Fussy and Fancy, and good luck. Best wishes from Lisbeth K

Winnie said...

Absolutely lovely box , colors are fab. Thank you for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday this week

Hugs Winnie DT

Joannna M. said...

This is the most beautiful project. I just love all the colors and how the red contrasts with the blue! It is absolutely stunning!

Silke Ledlow said...

Debbie, this is a wonderful gift idea...totally yummy too! Thanks for joining us at the FTTC...hugs ~S~

Audrey Pettit said...

SO gorgeous! Love, love, love that turquoise and red!