Thursday, November 3, 2011

You Make Life Sweet ...

 Hello sweet friends!  I have another project to share with you today designed for the My Time Made Easy November Release!!

Introducing ... Cover-Alls!  


How {precious] is this adorable template ... right??!!??  So sweet and fun!  It was extremely easy to assemble -- only two pieces for the base, add the straps and apron -- viola, done!


This project was inspired by my mother-in-law and her love for all things gingerbread!  For the past dozen years she has decorated her kitchen with gingerbread men and ladies -- year round!  Back in the day when I was sewing full time, I made her the cutest gingerbread apron, and each year when she visits us for the Christmas holiday, she brings that apron to help me cook in the kitchen ... a sweet memory!


So, this handmade with love gingerbread-theme gift set will be carefully wrapped up, cookies and all, and left under the tree this year for her to enjoy!!!


I made my own patterned paper for the apron by stamping the smallest gingerbread image from The Gingersnaps acrylic stamp set all over Vintage Cream cardstock with kraft ink.  The base of the template is made from kraft cardstock and I inked the edges with cream paint to create a worn look!  The sentiments on the two little pockets are from the same set -- stamped with white craft ink.  I added some buttons, baker's twine, snipetts of vintage trim and ric-rac borders 'trim' made using a die to complete the design!


For the coordinating card, I stamped the framed sentiment using the Occasional Label cut file and Secret Santa acrylic stamp set.  The kraft tag is inked with cream paint, more ric-rac 'trim' added, a festive green paper clip and sentiment stamped from The Gingersnaps stamp set.  I used some pretty Mint Green Tea shabby vintage seam binding from my Etsy Shop to create the bow and added some jingle bells and baker's twine - LOVE!


I am completely smitten with this adorable set ... I really love the way it turned out and adore the use of kraft in the project -- I think it gives it a realistic 'gingerbread cookie' feel!  What do you think??

Be sure to hop on over and check out the projects that these teamies have designed for your inspiration today:

My Time Made Easy Design Team:

And don't forget to visit the MTME DESIGNER'S GALLERY for loads more holiday inspiration projects!

I'll be back tomorrow showcasing my final project designed for the November MTME Release.  I hope you'll have time to come back and take a peek!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges for this project:  

The Kraft Journal #43 - banners or border punches
Card Positioning Systems #242 - sketch
JUGS #108 - wild card
Really Reasonable Ribbons #35 - Christmas with ribbons
Stamptacular Sunday #136 - borders & frames
The Beary Sweet Challenge #37 - your beary best
Top Tip Tuesday #58 - make your own background



16 comments:

Hanneke said...

This looks so lovely, the colors look really nice! What a sweet tradition you and your mom have :). I can imagine this will be a great present for your mom. Hugs, Hanneke

Audrey Pettit said...

My gosh, this is so darn cute, Debbie! Love, love the little gingerbread man set. Everything about this is as cute as can be. Your MIL is going to love it!
Thanks for sharing this with us at The Kraft Journal.

julieprice3 said...

Wonderful idea, very clever! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday
Hugs Julie P

Geri said...

Now THAT is too stinkin' cute! Hey, Deb...congrats on your Moxie card and your SWEEEET little mitten publication!!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh this is so super cute! I love the Gingerbread idea :D Love it

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Such a sweet present! The apron goodie bag is just too cute! I love how you stamped your own background :)

Thanks for sharing with Simon Says Stamp!
-Liz

wendy said...

so very sweet...I too love anything gingerbread men

pattyo said...

What an adorable set, Debbie! I'm sure your MIL will love it!

Joanna M said...

This is just so beautiful Debbie! I love everything about it! I am sure your mother-in-law will love it. :)

joeygirl86 said...

wow this is awesome!! I love the little gingie and the flower on the card rocks! Great job and thanks for playing wih us at Really Resonable Ribbon, good luck! :)

Ellen said...

Debbie, you outdid yourself on this project! It is so cute, I just know your MIL is going to be thrilled.

Cathy said...

Wow what a wonderful Christmas project. That would certainly make a nice gift...I love it.

Elise said...

These pieces are, truly, stunning, Debbie! On behalf of Just US Girls, thanks for gracing us with your treasures!

MarcyK924 said...

Debbie, this is so adorable! What a wonderful gift project. I love the theme and color palette! Great stamping on the bg. Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday! Hugs, Marcy

Samantha said...

Fabulous set so adoreable the little box with gingerbread man love it! LOVE the card too! Thanks for joining us again this week at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge.... hugs Samantha :0)

Patricia said...

This little set is just prefect, Thanks for entering our Beary Best Challenge at The Beary Scrap.
~Patricia