Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Home For the Holidays ...

Well, it's official ... Halloween is over, the spooky decorations are packed away until next year ... and I am in full holiday swing with my home decor and paper crafted goodies!  This is my FAVORITE time of the year and I simply adore creating handmade little treasures from paper, ink and glue!

I did the happy dance yesterday when I visited my mail box ... I was delighted to find that my welcome DT gift from Joanna at Inspired by Stamping had finally arrived - all the way from Australia!!   I am now the proud owner of the beautiful Christmas Cheer stamp set!  I love it and could hardly sleep last night thinking about waking up and getting inky with all the lovely images and sentiments contained in the set!!

So, here's my very first ~unofficial~ project for Inspired by Stamping ...


I used a bit of Baby Pink Berry and Mint Green Tea shabby vintage seam binding from my Etsy Shop to create the pretty bow!  I added some jingle bells that I painted with cream paint and sugared with glitter!!  The sentiment banner was created using a Spellbinders die and the holly leaves and pearl berries are another image from the Christmas Cheer set - love!


This sweet stamped house looks much like my pink Victorian home IRL!  We'll be decorating the outside in a couple weeks for the holidays with icicle lights, wreaths, bobbles and bows!!  And ... how sweet is that tiny little snowman?  I adore his teeny pearl eyes and buttons!


The snowflakes were stamped with an image from the Christmas Cheer set with versamark ink and then embossed with irridescent powder ... so sparkly and beautiful live -- matches the dazzling diamonds glitter applied to the roof lines of the house!  A tiny pearl was also added for the door handle and the sweet tree is from the set as well!   I used lots of dimensionals to create depth on this card ... I simply love how it turned out -- so sparkly ... so pink ... so pretty ... so ME :)

Thanks so much for letting me share my creation with you today!  It was so much fun to design!!

Hugs!
xoxoxo
Challenges for this card: 

The Kraft Journal - banners or border punch with Kraft
Paper Issues - Snow days
Really Reasonable Ribbons #35 - Christmas with ribbon
JUGS #108 - wild card
Top Tip Tuesday #58 - make your own background


20 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely card, I really like the snowflake background and the snowman. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

pattyo said...

So cute!

Dawnll - Dawn's Craft Place said...

Love the use of seam binding and the bells. Beautiful design.
So glad you could join us at
Really Reasonable Ribbon

Candy C said...

Hi Debbie. Your "Home for the Holidays" Christmas card is darling. I love the colors and the way you did the seam binding. It's a lovely card! Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

Deb Hickman said...

Such a beautiful Christmas card, I love that you have made a little holiday scene. I can't wait to receive mine, shouldn't be long now!!!!! xxxxx

Samantha said...

Well you sure had fun! And I say it's pretty pretty pretty!! I love love love it! And you must send it to me! Love using versamark too, great to have you playing along at Top Tip Tuesday this week, hugs Samantha :0)

Leanne said...

WOW this is gorgeous!!

Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday!  Don't forget you can enter up to 3 different projects per challenge, and if you share a tip on your blog add Tip after your name on Linky for a chance to win the Tippers prize! Hope to see you again next week!

Hugs
Leanne xx

Dawn said...

What a wonderful card and sentiment great light colours too I love it ;0)

Tracy said...

Beautiful colors on this card and I love that snowflake stamped background Debbie. :-) Thanks for playing again this week at The Kraft Journal!

Beth Moore said...

I love the color combination and the gorgeous snowflakes on this stunning creation Debbie! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Kraft Journal!!!

Heike said...

Wow, what a wonderful card. Thanks for joining us this week at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck.

Hugs
Heike

~ Kendra ~ said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the scene you've created! Aren't her stamps amazing?!?!

Elise said...

ABSOLUTELY beautiful work, Debbie! LOVE that you take the time to be inspired by our challenges! THANKS, again, for sharing with JUST US GIRLS!

Deneen said...

Wonderful Christmas card, I love the winter scene. Great background too:) Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday!

Lynn said...

Beautiful! Especially love the bow with the sugared jingle bells, so soft and sweet!

Leah Crowe said...

ohhh this is so sweet and i love the vintage flair.. absolutely beautiful!

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

This is really sweet, Debbie! Thanks so much for joining our "Your Beary Best" challenge - good luck!

Cheers,
Susan

buglvr2010 said...

Beautiful! I love the soft colors on this. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Conniecrafter said...

very cute scene and love those bells with your ribbon

Patricia said...

Very pretty card, Thanks for entering our Beary Best Challenge at The Beary Scrap.
~Patricia