Friday, November 4, 2011

A Holiday Year In Review - the 'Easy Way'!

 My Time Made Easy that is!!!  I'm soooooo excited to share the project I created for today's design team group post!  Lauren asked the teamies to use anything old with something new to create an all-new look!  How fun!

I'm pleased to introduce you all to my sweet little Sparkly Snowgirl!


Isn't she the sweetest??!!??  To make this bundle of cuteness, I first assembled the SK8 Board Box in white cardstock.   Next I cut out the snowman face, hat and nose pieces from the Topped Off template.   The hat is made from a printed piece of Candy Claus paper ... I glued a fluffy pom-pom at the top of the hat and glittered the brim of the hat with irridescent mica flakes.


The eyes are black flower brads and the nose is glittered with orange and attached with a couple dimensionals to create depth.  I glittered the entire face with dazzling diamonds glitter to add sparkle without being too heavy by using the mica flakes.   I added a fabric scarf around her neck and cut little fringes at the bottom with scissors.  The addition of some kraft holly leaves, jingle bells and baker's twine complete her sweet outfit!


I cut the circles for her body with Spellbinders standard circle dies, adhered more mica flake glitter and finished her off with some pretty resin flower 'buttons'!


I stepped outside and picked up a couple twigs from my yard for her arms ... carefully poked holes in the side of the SK8 Board template, inserted the twigs and glued them in place.   Finally, I cut out a pretty little candy cane for her to hold using the new Candy Striper cut file, glittered the white sections and glued it to her 'hand'.


For the coordinating card, I printed off some adorable Darling Dots patterned paper to use on the base of my card.   I stamped the sentiment on a kraft ticket using the Secret Santa acrylic stamp set and tied it under the pretty winter white blossom with twine.  The addition of a pretty paper doilie, some buttons, a kraft chipboard star, a tiny chenille candy cane, a white glittered jingle bell and baker's twine complete the design!



And there you have it ... too cute for words!  It'll be hard to give this set away ... I want to keep it for myself!  I filled the inside of the template with Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark candy and have packed the set with some Holiday Peppermint Coffee and chocolate coffee stirs - yummy!

Be sure to visit all the other teamies -- they have great Holiday Year in Review projects to share today:

And don't forget to pop on over to the MTME DESIGNER'S GALLERY to peek at lots of wonderful projects and gift ideas created by the teamies!! 

Thank you so much for visiting with me and peeking at my November Release projects for My Time Made Easy!  I'll look forward to sharing some more inspiration at the end of the month for our December Release, but until then, happy stamping!!!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges for this project: 

Paper Issues -  Snow Day


18 comments:

Monique said...

What a cute gift set Debbie.. Wonderful projects full of inspiration you have had this release..Love them all :)

Lightleaf Studio said...

I look forward to trying it. I am currently making paper ornaments for coming christmas. This project is quite interesting :D

Nicole said...

Oh my! This snowman might be one of my all time favorite Debbie creations!!! Love it! :)

wendy said...

so inventive...what a sweet Snowman gift package !

Audrey Pettit said...

So absolutely adorable! I LOVE that sweet snowman. Stunning card, too.

sharon said...

This set is wonderful--lucky receiver! :) The snowgirl is just adorable!!!

pattyo said...

Love this sweet, sparkly set! The flower on the card is gorgeous!

Joannna Munster said...

I LOVE Snowmen! And this one is just sensational!!! Great job Debbie!!

Terrie B x said...

Hi Debbie Your snowman and card are simply `Gorgeous`
I love love catching up with your beautiful creations..TFI
Enjoy your weekend:) xxx

Mephisto said...

Really fantastic work.
Thanks for joining us at SimonSaysStamp this week.

Domi

Leah Crowe said...

oh my gracious!!! What a FABULOUS set... somebody is gonna be thanking their lucky stars when they receive that.. it's gorgeous, Debbie!! Thanks for linking up with us at Paper Issues. :)

ferrellgraph-x said...

What a cute little snowman and card! I just love it!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

curlyqmosaics said...

Your snowman is very cute! I love the twigs for arms and all the glitter. The card is truly gorgeous too! I love the big cream flower in the center. Beautiful!

Diana Fisher said...

Amazing! This is gorgeous! And great color combo—my holiday favorite! :)

Conniecrafter said...

the snowman is so cute and love all the sparkle... very elegant card

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

Adorable gift set! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

Jan Hennings said...

love your sweet little snowman!
Thanks for joing in the Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge!

Patricia said...

Another very cute set, Thanks for entering our Beary Best Challenge at The Beary Scrap.
~Patricia