Sunday, November 6, 2011

Happy Birthday my sweet son ...

 Well, today is a very big day in our home ... we are celebrating my oldest son's 21st birthday today!  It is  great pride and joy that I feel as I am writing this ... it seems like 'just yesterday' when they were handing me this sweet little 7 lb. 1 oz. bundle of joy wrapped in a blue blanket at the hospital!

I find myself very emotional today ... bursting with love and adoration for the young man he has grown into, but sad to see him creeping closer and closer each day to becoming independent and leaving our little nest!


As many of you know who follow my little 'ol bloggity blog, he is a junior this year at NC State University studying Materials Science Engineering.  Three and a half more years until he finishes grad school and then he'll finally be off on his own.  The first three years of college have just flown by ... my how time passes so quickly.

So, today I treasure all the beautiful memories I have of his childhood, cherish today being together as a family and enjoying each other and look forward to the bright and wonderful future ahead of this handsome young man!  The four of us are off to dinner tonight, at Brandon's request, to dine on juicy, thick angus steaks and yummy seafood at The Angus Barn ... a five-star restaurant in our area -- my mouth is watering as I type this!  I've eaten like a birdie today to save room for the feast tonight!

Thanks for letting me share my card and thoughts with you all today!

Mommy loves you my sweet little boy!!!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges for this card: 
Moxie Fab World - accordian or medallion
The Kraft Journal #43 - banners or border punches
Top Tip Tuesday #58 - make your own background (embossed argyle)

Edited to add the dinner pics - after dinner they gave us a tour of the entire restaurant ... including the kitchen:


My sweet family ... Brandon, the birthday boy on the left, Justin on the right.


Choices ... choices!  What to order???


A yummy birthday cake with candles and a sparkler!


Life-size nutcrakers ... gorgeous!


More nutcrackers adorning the huge fireplace mantle ... I could have sit next to the fire curled up for hours!


I had to take pictures of the tree in two shots ... it was 24'+ heavily decorated in a sweet candy theme with red and white ... LOVE!



More cute nutcrakers ... and would you look at that cutie patootie on the far right -- yep, it's a NC State Nutcraker ... wanted to put it in my purse and leave with it - giggle!!!


A sweet teddy bear theme tree in one of the waiting lounges!


A private dinning room that seats 24 in the wine cellar - STUNNING!


The mantel on the fireplace in the private dinning room was decorated so wonderfully with fruits, garlands and large bows!


Iron doors leading into the actual wine cellar.


There are approximately 12 separate rooms in the wine cellar, housing approximately 1,700 different types of wine and nearly 24,000 bottles in stock today!  They run from $25 per bottle to $14,000 per bottle!


Even the outside was decorated festively! 


A truly memorable evening ... happy birthday, Brandon!
 

11 comments:

Larisa said...

This is just ridiculously adorable!

Terrie B x said...

Aw such a fab post!!!I love it:)
`Happy 21st Birthday` to your baby boy !!!!
His card is fabulous...he will love it..Have a fantastic time together!!lotsa loves & xxx

They will always be our baby`s Debbie!!!!TFI:) xxx

Hanneke said...

Fabulous card! Great masculine style, lovely colors. Congratulations on your son's birthday! Hugs, Hanneke

pattyo said...

What a aweome card! Happy 21st birthday to your son. My son just turned 21 this year, so I know exacty how you feel!

Joannna Munster said...

Happy Birthday to your Son! Hope you had a beautiful weekend with him! Gorgeous card! Always love reading your posts!! You are so sweet! xoxo

Samantha said...

Happy birthday to your handsome young man! And LOVE your photos, Great card too! Thanks for coming to play with us at Top Tip Tuesday for our Make your Own Backgrounds challenge I hope you can come play again soon you can enter up to 3 times per challenge, hugs Samantha :0) Ps I have candy on my blog too!

pattyo said...

What a fabulous way to celebrate a birthday! I think I see some layout potential with the photos!

Cath said...

Hey Debbie! Thanks for linking this up to the Championing Award Medallions Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

...and happy birthday to your son! Looks like all y'all celebrated in style! :)

Maria said...

Happy 21st bday to your son!!! Such a sweet post and fabulous pics! Thanks so much for sharing, take care!!:-))

Elise said...

EEEEeeeeek! Oooooowwww! Yeowwww! WOWWWWWW! What a fun, action filled, fabulous post to match your AMAZING card! LOVE your use of the Card Patterns sketch and DARLING celebration! Wow! Congrats! What a brilliant family moment, and many blessings to count!!! Thanks for sharing this lovely even and your creation with Card Patterns!

Patricia said...

Very cute, Thanks for entering our Beary Best Challenge at The Beary Scrap.
~Patricia