Wednesday, November 16, 2011

2011 Christmas Card ...

 Hello sweeties!!  I took a break from holiday decorating today to work on our 2011 Family Christmas Card - what fun!!  

I'll be doing another 12 Days of Christmas Countdown again this year on my blog to spotlight the 12 decorated trees I put up around my house ... I have 10 of the 12 up and decorated to date!  Each tree has a different theme ... vintage, snowman, retro, heat & home, Americana, kids, etc.  We have a busy, busy December this year, including two trips, so with being out of town for 12 days out of the month, I need to be WAY ahead of schedule on my decorating, design team assignments and card making!  I usually have most everything out and up around the house by Thanksgiving ... and my annual tradition is to put the big tree up in our family room the day after Thanksgiving while watching HGTV holiday specials all day long (the guys will be out golfing ... of course)!

I've been looking forward to this Saturday ... a few besties and I will be getting together all day at my house to make our Christmas cards!  Each girlie brings a dish or two to share for brunch and lunch, we crank the holiday music, steep the hot apple cider and come loaded for bear with all of our most treasured paper crafting supplies to get busy and get those cards done!!  My goal each year is to finish designing and creating my cards by Thanksgiving and get them in the mail right after that.  Wish me luck ... I say each year that I'm not going to be too fussy with my design -- but I've gone and done it again ... this year's card has 14 steps including inking, embossing (wet and dry), die cutting, stamping and more!  Actually, die cutting many of the pieces is a GREAT TV watching activity -- mindless busy work that needs little concentration!

Drum roll please ... I'm happy to introduce you all to the 2011 Marcinkiewicz Family Holiday Card:


Love!!!

This card was inspired by a gift set I created last month for My Time Made Easy:


I {knew} right away that I wanted to use this color palette for my holiday cards this year!  Then, when I first saw sweet Melissa Phillips Love Lives Here: Holiday set, the pieces all fell into place ... I knew I had to use a couple pieces from this yummy set in the design of this year's card!

So, that's my holiday card story!!  I would love to hear what you think of the way it turned out!!  Be thinking of me and my girlfriends this Saturday when we're all huddled around my kitchen table cutting, inking, stamping and gluing our little hearts out!  Oh what fun we'll have -- can't wait!!!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges for this card:   
Really Reasonable Ribbons #36 - CAS Christmas w/ribbon


13 comments:

pattyo said...

Beautiful card and also the set! Sounds like so much fun will be going on at your house on Saturday--I'm jealous! I am so glad you will be doing the 12 Days of Christmas again. I enjoyed it so much last year. Have a great time on Saturday (I know you will)!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, you have 10 of your trees done already??? I literally JUST took out my Thanksgiving decor yesterday.....I am SO behind this year. Cannot wait to see your 12 days of Christmas photos. :) I really love your annual holiday card design! SO beautiful and so creative. LOVE all the detail!
Hope you have a great time this weekend!

Jan Hennings said...

LOVE~LOVE~LOVE these beautiful creations! The colors are some of my favorites! Thanks for the sweet comment on my train at the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog..GOOD LUCK!

Beate said...

Oh Debbie, the cards look WONDERFUL
Hugs and smiles

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very pretty. Thanks for joining us for Timeless Tuesday.

Céline said...

stunning set
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline dt member

Elizabeth Hart said...

Wow - this is a fabulous family card, love the homespun colors. A lovely card that anyone would cherish receiving over the holidays. Thanks for joining us at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Hanneke said...

Oh wow, this card is gorgous! I loved reading about your Christmas decorating. 12 trees sounds a lot to decorate! I will have my first tree to decorate this year, can't wait! Will you be showing pictures of the trees? Hugs, Hanneke

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful!!

Joy said...

fabulous, thanks for playing with The Pink Elephant: Embossing Challenge this week ! JOY DT

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wow, Debbie, what a fabulous holiday card! I love the design with the primitive style angel. Looks fab with the doily, gingham and dotted swiss kraft. I must say, I am SO impressed with all you accomplish. 12 trees? My goodness, I am lucky to get one up by Dec. 20th and haven't had time to send Christmas cards in the past 3 years - it's a lost art for me. You are definitely an overachiever! Your card is so perfect for the Women Only challenge this week. So happy you played along with our Women Only challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

Silke Ledlow said...

Debbie, both projects are gorgeous! Thanks for playing the FTTC with us...hugs ~S~

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful projects and this is one of my favorite colors combos, I love these together :)
thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon this week!!
Hugs,
Cheryl