Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Thank Heaven For ...

 ... little girls!

A very dear friend of mine just became a grandma for the second time.  She already has a two-year old grandson, and yesterday she became grammy to a sweet baby girl!  The funny thing is that her daughter who is the new mom used to babysit my boys back in the day ... boy do I feel old now!

I was 'off' today from design team assignments -- yes, I could always be working ahead, but every once in a while I just need to take a 'me day' to let my little creative batteries recharge.  It was fun to make this card 'just because' ... no restrictions, no deadlines ... all fun :)

Thanks for peeking!
Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges for this card: 

Wee Memories #70 - favorite technique (sewing on cards!)
Flourishes Bringing Back Beauty - technique (sewing on cards!)
The Kraft Journal - lavish layers with kraft
Mojo Monday #209 - sketch (flipped)

11 comments:

Nicole said...

A-dorable!! I think you sold me on that stamp set!! Great card! :)

Amy said...

Oh my Debbie! This is just darling! I love the sewing and that gorgeous pink ribbon! You do such beautiful work! Thanks for playing along with Wee Memories!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, this is stunning, Debbie! Really, really fabulous design, and what gorgeous layering! SO perfect for our challenge this week at The Kraft Journal. Thanks so much for playing along. :)

Lisa said...

This is the sweetest card!!! Oh my goodness...LOVE IT to bits!!!

Kathy Jones said...

Congrats to your friend and new parents!! I'm sure they'll love this darling card!! Thanks for playing the Bring Back Beautiful Challenge!!!

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

This is stunning! Love all the pretty details. Thank you for playing along with us at Wee Memories. :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So sweet and adorable. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Sharon said...

your card is soo sweet and adorable! I love it! TFS and good luck in the contest @ mojo monday

Laurel said...

This is wonderful!
Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories.

Kim Duran said...

Ooh, Debbie, I just love the layout of this card. And the little clothes are so cute hanging out. I love the softness and especially the way you folded the ribbon on the sides! So fun! Thanks for sharing your adorable card with us at The Kraft Journal!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Very sweet!