Monday, October 31, 2011

The Shabby Tea Room #86!

 Hello sweet friends and welcome to The Shabby Tea Room #86 - 'Homespun Fall'!  I am your host this week and I found this beautiful picture on Pinterest for inspiration ...


... and I'm challenging everyone to create a card or project inspired by the COLORS in the photo with a FALL THEME!


 I was not only inspired by the perky orange and cream pumpkins, but also by the lovely black antique cart and front door, the grids in the window panes of the glass on the front door, the word friend in black and the berries and leaves!


I used my all-time most favorite stamp set from Flourishes in this design - Seeds of Friendship!  I also included some kraft-y goodness on the simple tag and base of the card!


This is an antique scale I picked up many years ago at an auction -- it lives in my kitchen perched on this little wooden stool.  The tin bucket is filled with artificial artichokes, pinecones and berries and for Halloween, I added this sweet little pumpkin teddy bear and card!



The bench also holds a tin plate of faux pumpkin cookies I got from one of my favie shops - The Rusty Bucket ... and a cream colored pumpkin ... perfect go-along for the inspiration picture in the Tea Room this week, don't you think??!!



I am sponsoring the Tea Room challenge this week with my Etsy Shop Deb's Simple Treasures!   I used some pretty Cake Crumbs and Ambrosia Cantalope Shabby Vintage Seam Binding on my card design!  All of the shabby seam binding available in my shop is lovingly hand tea-stained and shabbied up right in my very own kitchen!  It's a two-day process tea-staining the seam binding and then sun drying, adding more tea stain and back and forth until I get 'just the right' amount of vintage look!  I currently offer 15 beautiful colors in my shop.  This beautiful seam binding makes gorgeous bows and decorations on any handcrafted card or project and is great for home decor use around the house.  I love hanging all my hand-crafted banners with shabby seam binding!

This week's Tea Room winner will receive 15 yards of beautiful shabby vintage seam binding -- one yard in each of the 15 colors available in the shop currently!


Please be sure to stop by each of the other Shabby Girls' blogs to be inspired by their projects this week using some tea-stained vintage seam binding:

Charlene Cundy - Expresstions of Me!
 
Cindy Holshouser - Sweet P Paperie

Fran Westmoreland - Purple Peanut's Crafty Blog

Melissa Bove - Creating From the Heart

Sheri Holt
- My Sheri Cards

 And then I hope you'll give our Homespun Fall challenge a try this week!

Thanks so much for visiting today ... have a wonderful stampy day!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges for this card:

The Shabby Tea Room #86 - Homespun Fall
Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger - autumn woods colors
Moxie Fab World - Textured to Perfection
JUGS #108 - wild card
Pals Paper Arts #117 - CAS element of style - ribbon
Stamptacular Sunday #136 - borders & frames
Simon Says Stamp - anything
There She Goes Stamps #128 - Au Naturale - jute/hemp/burlap/twine

13 comments:

Winnie said...

What a lovely card, love that you have used aome sewing on your card, love the big bow the colors are great, thank you for joining us this week at Stamptacular Sunday

Hugs Winnie @ Norwayscrapper

Cath said...

Hey Debbie! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

pattyo said...

Love your card and sweet vintage display!

Makiko Jones said...

Beautiful card! I love the wrinkle seam binding ribbon! Thank you for playing along at the FTTC.

Jenny said...

Beautiful card!! Thanks for playing with us at TSG!

julieprice3 said...

Beautiful card, Thanks so much for joining in the Borders and Frames Challenge at Stamptacular Sunday this week
hugs Julie P

Carolyn L. said...

Super card. I like the zip zag sewing on the edges. Very snazzy.
Thanks for joining ust at Stanptacular.
Carolyn

Pam~ said...

Another beauty here! Your cards are always stunning and always eye catching! Thanks for joining in the fun at Pals Paper Arts!

Cath said...

Hey Debbie! Thanks also for linking this up to the Textured to Perfection challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Ellen said...

Another gorgeous card! Your style always shines through and is beautiful.

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a beautiful card - Thanks for playing with JUGS~

Nina said...

Wooaaw, what a wonderful card! Gorgeus colours and stunning details.

Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week :)
Hugs, Nina.

Elise said...

SUCH a lovely, lovely piece of card craft, my goodness! THANKS for sharing with Just Us Girls, Debbie!