Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My Time Made Easy ... a Holiday Year in Review!

 Hi peeps and welcome to the bloggity blog today!!  We're wrapping up our October Release today at My Time Made Easy ... each of the teamies has a project to share with you today, so be sure to visit all the girlies' blogs to check out their exceptional work!

For today's team project, Lauren asked us all to create a holiday gift ensemble ... I decided to make tags, but after I finished my projects, these came out so cute that I might just use them as decorations on one of my trees.  Or ... maybe both, use as a tag and then hang from the tree --- PERFECT!!
Introducing ... Frost Bitten!


This oh-so-sweet cut file is simply adorable and right up my alley!  I printed off a couple sheets of 12 Days of Snowflakes paper (which is available in the shop for FREE!) in pink and blue and then cut out the Frost Bitten cut file using my Cricut -- but super easy peesy to download the PDF version of the file and use scissors too!  The sweet tag was stamped using the Sugar & Spice acrylic stamp set. 


I added lots of yummy embellishments - the holly leaves were cut from the Frost Bitten cut file using Ga Ga For Gingham paper.   Seam binding is Paradise Aqua Mist and Vintage Winter White from my Etsy Shop


For the blue mitten, I decided to 'try' to go a bit more masculine ... what do ya' think??  Hard for me to 'do masculine'!  Anywhooo ... another mitten cut using the Frost Bitten file and 12 Days of Snowflakes paper.  The kraft tag is stamped in white ink with a sentiment from the Secret Santa acrylic stamp set, kraft holly leaves and snowflake cut from the Frost Bitten cut file, ... and the little dove is a die out of cardboard! 


I handmade the sweet candy cane by twisting red and white chenille together and forming into a candy cane shape.  Some rusty jingle bells add to the homespun charm of this sweet little mitten tag/ornament!  Both mittens have stickles added to the round centers of the small snowflakes in the patterned papers -- look close for the sparkle and shimmer!  Seam binding is Cake Crumbs and Vintage Winter White from my shop.
Now be sure to check out the other teamies' blogs to see what they have created for today's wrap up:

My Time Made Easy Design Team:
Monique Hansen

And don't forget to stop on by the MTME DESIGNER'S GALLERY -- WOW projects for the holidays, home decor and gift giving!!!

The teamies and I are already working on projects to share for our upcoming November release, so stay tuned!  Until then, thanks so much for sharing this awesome October Release with me and happy stamping!!

Hugs!
xoxoxoxo

Challenges for this project: 


13 comments:

Monique said...

Oh Debbie these are to stinking adorable. Perfect for a gift tag or hanging on the tree...love these!!! Awesome job on this months release :)

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS!~

Pastila said...

Oh! Just beautiful!

Audrey Pettit said...

LOVE!
Really gorgeous, Debbie!

Geri said...

These turned out awfully sweet, Deb! I agree--they would be adorable on a tree!

wendy said...

so super PRETTY....simply adorable

Lea L. said...

These are so pretty! I love love them on my tree too...the colors are perfect!

Virginia L. said...

Love the layering and colors! Beautiful job on entering the City Crafter's Challenge! , Debbie!

Marcea said...

Thankyou so much for your gorgeous entry for this weeks Simon Says Stamp Challenge and for helping us get over 1000 entires ......good luck!!!!
xxx

Tracy said...

These are adorable! They would make really cute tree decorations. Great idea! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at The Kraft Journal!

Magda(i)Lena said...

The colors are perfect! Love it! Adorable....

Ros said...

These are just so very pretty ... they would look lovely on your tress ... thanks for sharing with us at CCCB

cnelson said...

Such lovely work! Thanks so much for joining us this week at CCCB!