Friday, October 14, 2011

Just Show Me with Flourishes!

 I have one more sweet little creation to share with you all today that I designed for the Flourishes Just Show Me Challenge to help celebrate their latest release of holiday stamp sets!   


For this challenge, we were to peruse through the technique library at Flourishes and find something that we wanted to give a try!  I was overwhelmed with the extensive amount of wonderful techniques ... so many great tutorials on FAB techniques ... which to choose??!!??  In the end, I chose two techniques that I wanted to incorporate in my card design:


and



I knew right away that I wanted to use my all-time favorite Flourishes stamp set -- Seeds of Friendship! I just adore this pretty little set ... it was the springboard for the project I designed back in September of 2010 when I was honored to be a Guest Host at Flourishes ...


I made one of each of these pretty fall sets as favors for each couple to take home from our dinner club that month -- the box was filled with a mini jar of Rhubarb Strawberry Jam!

So, back onto my card for this challenge ... I paper pieced the seed packet image by stamping directly onto some Newsprint patterned paper and then cutting it out.  I lightly inked the edges with Tea Dye Distress Ink to create a time-worn look.  Next I stamped some sentiment images from the set in Marina Mist to coordinate with the pretty Beau Chateau patterned paper from SU! that I chose for the background of my card.  I then paper pieced the pumpkin image by stamping directly onto a snipett of orange paper from Making Memories, hand cut it out with scissors, inking the edges and adhering to the seed packet with foam tape to create dimension.



The shabby little nosegay, which seems to be my 'signature go-to technique' was created by combining some Ambrosia Cantalope and Vintage Winter White seam binding from my Etsy Shop to create a fluffy bow.   I grabbed a twig from my yard and adhered to the top of the pumpkin for the stem.  The pretty glittered leaf was hand cut and adhered to the pumpkin stem.  The sentiment stamped on the bitty tag is from the Let Them Eat Cake set, tied onto the nosegay with blue and white baker's twine.  I added a sweet, tiny blue glittered heart and teeny button to finish off this shabby little pumpkin!  To wrap this design up with a bow, I added some Marina Mist satin rouching, vintage trim and a paper doilie - tea dyed for a vintage look!

I'm also entering this into the Moxie Fab World - Textured to Perfection challenge!!!

Thanks so much for visiting today!  I hope you enjoyed my 'mini tutorial' on how to create with paper piecing and dimension!!!

Have a wonderful stampy day!

Hugs!
xoxoxo


6 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Oh I love the acorns and leaves paired with the Seed Packet set! How perfect for Autumn. Beautiful creations!

Samantha said...

Really love your projects,,, please add a link to your post for the Top Tip Tuesday for our use Designer Papers with the Optional Extra to make your own Flowers, as you will not be in with a chance for winning if there is no link back! and I would hate for you to miss out on a chance of a prize! Hugs Samantha

Cath said...

Hey Debbie! Thanks once again for linking up to the Textured to Perfection challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you've found it to be so inspiring! :)

Teresa Zuehls said...

Congrats on winning the Texture Challenge with your sweet card! I love the pop of orange against the blue and all the embellies you used on the pumpkin.

Sharon D from Canada said...

Pretty colour combo and great textures! Congrats on your MFW texture challenge win!

Linda Beeson said...

Oh so pretty! What a sweet little mix.