Thursday, October 6, 2011

Fun gift ideas for Halloween with The 13th Hour by Kaisercraft ...

 Hi peeps ... busy day here today.  I had to take my 19 year old son to the orthopedic surgeon this afternoon.  He called Tuesday evening from college to let me know he slipped down the stairs and twisted his ankle sideways and hurt it pretty bad.  Diagnosis after x-tays, an evolsion fracture where the tibia bone meets the ankle bone.  He is in an air cast boot and crutches for two weeks after which he hopes to be bumped down to a walking brace.  Never a dull moment in my house!  He's upset because he was to play in a golf tournament here in our neighborhood on Sunday and I told him 'no' ... he thinks I'm the worst mom on earth right now!
I was to see this same orthopedic surgeon a month ago for a 27-year-old ankle injury I had that has been giving me lots of grief the past couple of years ... constant pain & swelling.  He took x-rays, saw the old injury that appeared to heal as best as it could and gave me a couple shots of Cortizone directly into my ankle at the injury site ... hurt like holy heck -- but feeling much better ever since!  I can actually get out of bed and walk without pain these days.  I'll hate when the Cortizone wears off .. the shots were oh so painful!

Anywhoo ... my poor baby has the same injury, in the same right ankle, at the very same age and injured the exact same way as mama was ... how totally WEIRD and STRANGE is that??????

I have a couple of adorable projects to share with you today that I designed recently for Kaisercraft using their new The 13th Hour collection ... enjoy peeking!!




Please visit the Kaisercraft Blog for a complete materials list and to check out what the other teamies have created for your inspiration today!

Hugs!
xoxoxo


2 comments:

pattyo said...

Cute set! Hope you guys stay well!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, how awesome, Debbie!! Love that you created a little "paper bag" bat. How adorable! Such a fun set!
So sorry to hear about your son's injury. Those things do come back to bite you as you age. So weird how you have the same thing, huh?? So sorry to hear that for both of you.