Monday, October 24, 2011

Crafty Secrets Design Team Challenge - 'Creative Envelopes'

 Hello sweet friends and welcome to this month's edition of the Crafty Secrets Design Team Challenge.  This month's theme is 'Creative Envelopes' and we were all challenged to create a little bag out of an envelope and then decorate and fill it ... so FUN!
Here is a link for a tutorial on how to make a bag out of an envelope: 

http://www.incrediblethings.com/art-design/dont-spend-another-dollar-on-gift-bags

Ready, set ... here we go!!!


I used a 5 1/4" square envelope to create my pocket.  I followed the directions from the link above, cut the top of my pocket with pinking sheers and then inked all the edges with Tea Dye ink.  I used a GORGEOUS vintage image from a sheet of Christmas '07 Creative Scraps to decorate the front of my pocket -- sewing a zig-zag stitch around all the edges before adhering it onto my pocket.  After adhered, I rouched some pretty red and cream striped grosgrain ribbon and added a bit of some vintage lace trim.


Next comes the fun part ... decorating!  I added a sweet Christmas ticket from the Christmas '07 Creative Scrap sheet and punched a pretty little polka dotted star from some patterned paper printed from the Creating With Vintage Patterns CD.  The addition of some glittered leaves, a tiny jingle bell, some baker's twine, a button, a snipett of vintage lace, a pretty blossom, a trinket pin and some Rose Beige Glitter Shabby Vintage Seam Binding from my Etsy Shop complete this pretty nosegay!


I cut strips of brown paper towels (recycled brand) and crinkled them up to make my own 'crinkle filler'.  They coordinate perfectly with the kraft and sepia tones in the vintage scrap images on my project -- LOVE IT!!


I stuffed the crinkle filler inside my envelope pocket so that the tags will peek out of the top!


Then I set to work designing four sweet tags to fit inside the envelope pocket.  I used more Christmas '07 Creative Scraps, printed paper from the Creating With Vintage Patterns CD, Christmas Mail stamp set, Season's Greetings stamp set and Grand Greetings stamp set!


I stamped on each tag and added snipetts of polka dotted pattern papers, vintage trims, pearls, buttons and baker's twine.


Each tag is adhered to a kraft cardstock base that I inked on the edges with cream paint to create a time-worn look.  A hole punched at the top of each tag provides a place to lace up some more Rose Beige Glitter Seam Binding to tie these little pretties onto packages this holiday season!


And lastly, I very carefully painted on some red glitter craft paint on all the areas colored in red to add a bit of shimmer and shine.  I wish the glitz showed up better in photos because they are beautiful IRL!!!


And here you have it ... my sweet envelope pocket is complete with a set of four beautiful, vintage tags for this holiday season.  What a great gift this would make and then your recipient will have a pretty little pocket to do with as she wishes and four pretty little tags to use on her holiday packages next year!!
 
Please visit the other teamies' blogs to be inspired by their Creative Envelope projects ... we all had different occasions to pick from, so there will be lots of fun projects to peek at:



Thanks so much for visiting with me today!  Have a wonderful stampy day :)

Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges for this project:  

Moxie Fab World - Textured to Perfection
JUGS #107 - 3-D or template
Flourishes Bringing Back Beauty - technique (3-D altered art)
The Kraft Journal - anything goes

26 comments:

Charlene said...

So SO cute!!!!! LOve the pocket and all those adorable tags!!!!Happy Monday sweetie!

Jan Hennings said...

i just love this and what a great idea to fill your little bag with Christmas tags!

Vicki C said...

Cute as can be! Love all the little added tags too!! Great project!

Vio said...

oh wow so LOVELY!!! your pocket and the stuffings are amazing. I love it! :)

Tammy Roberts said...

Super cute Debbie... all those tags are gorgeous!!

JoanneO said...

I loved the pocket with the tags. Soooo cute! Great idea.

Pam said...

Just darling, Debbie! Love all of your cute details!

Lynn said...

What a fabulous idea to fill the bag up with tags...very useful and adorable! Thanks for playing with us at Just Us Girls!

*Fauve* said...

Debbie you are so great in embellishing cards and bags,love your designs!!You did an amazing job!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Debbie your work is GORGEOUS!!~

Lynn said...

so much shabby, vintage loveliness here! those tags are so awesome!

pattyo said...

Love this beautifully shabby pocket!

Linda B said...

You amaze me... how do you come up with such gorgeous projects? This is beautiful!!! Love all the different tags!

Linda D said...

I love this little pocket and tags. Great idea.

debbiek said...

Debbie, these are sweeter than sweet! Love them all and couldn't pick a favorite if I tried!!!

Indy said...

Beautiful work.

beadz said...

Debbie, I love, love, love how your project turned out! Just yummy!
hugs,
Gini

Maria Levine said...

Wonderful project, I love the images. Those tags and great little envy is awesome! Thanks for playing along with JUGS this week.

Blossom inch said...

beautiful work and loving all the tags!

Audrey Pettit said...

Holy Cow, Debbie!! Could this be ANY more stunning?? My jaw is hanging open here! I absolutely love every tiny detail. Gorgeous, gorgeous!!
Thanks so much for sharing this with us at The Kraft Journal. :)

Regina aka Mrs. Ham said...

beautiful bag and tags. love those paper....

Amy Teets said...

Holy cuteness! LOVE LOVE it all!

Chris and Paige Evans said...

You are on a ROLL with all of your amazing and cute creations!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a fun, pretty holder with beautiful tags! Thanks for playing with us over at JUGS

Kristina M. Anderson said...

Ii just love the envelope pocket and the cute little tags. So pretty. Love the vintage christmas look. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful creations.

Cath said...

Hey Debbie! Thanks for linking this up to the Textured to Perfection challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)