Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Silver Anniversary ...

 Hello sweet bloggity friends and welcome to today's post.  This is a very, very special post for me -- it's my hubby and my 25th wedding anniversary today!  To celebrate the occasion, I decided to make a really special gift for him ... it's actually a gift box to hold the little gift I got for him.  I sure hope he likes it!  Enjoy peeking :)

There are a lot of pics in this post, so keep scrolling to the end to see the gift come together!


 Okay, so what do a disposable muffin tin tray, a couple of silver paper clips and an old silver tin that flowers came in have in common ... well, they were the springboard for my project inspired by the JustRite Friday Inspiration Challenge #57 - Frugal  Friday!


To make this oh-so-pretty blossom, I carefully cut around each muffin tin cup with scissors and then (with flip flops on so you don't cut the bottom of your foot) squashed the tin down flat and carefully tucked under the sharp edges.  The tin is very pliable so it was easy to form pretty petals out of the metal.  I adhered the layers together with hot glue and added a hot pink cardstock rolled rose for the center with a bit of bling too!


The tag was stamped using JustRite's Happy Everything Tag Making Kit and mounted on a Spellbinders Fancy Tags Three die cut.


The paper clips were opened up and then wrapped around a pencil to create some curly cues, the black leaves are from Webster's Pages and I tied the tag onto the tin flower with some yummy black and white baker's twine!


The texture, sparkle and shine on this bloom in real life is stunning!


 Next, I set to work making some sentiment tags, mounting them onto black satin ribbon and adhering them to the top and bottom of the tin with some scrumptious black, cream and gray flocked patterned paper.  When the top of the tin is lifted off, he'll have an accordian folded 'card' inside the tin!



JustRite's You Inspire Me cling stamp set along with Standard and Scalloped circle dies from Spellbinders.



Charming Christmas cling stamp set from JustRite along with Spellbinders Custom Charm Dies, Oval and Scalloped Oval.


The third sentiment tag was created using JustRite's Signs of Life cling stamp set along with Spellbinders Square and Scalloped Square dies.


And yes, you're not seeing double!!  I couldn't decide on the white gold or yellow gold rings, so my jeweler let me take both home for this evening and I'll bring the one he doesn't choose back tomorrow!  Everything in the showcase was so sparkly and pretty ... I could have picked a whole handful of them!


So, I tied the two wedding bands onto the bottom of the black satin ribbon with another piece of baker's twine and I'll let him choose this evening over dinner!  We're going out to The Melting Pot and then seeing a movie ... and this Friday we're heading down to the beach at Wilmington, NC to stay the weekend at a  Bed & Breakfast in the historic section of downtown -- so romantic, a second honeymoon after 25 years with my favorite guy!  I can't wait :)


I'm also submitting this for the current CR84FN #38 color challenge - bright pink, black, gray.

Edited 9/21 :  He loved the gift and was surprised with the wedding bands!  He chose the yellow gold band with the larger diamonds to match my wedding set - sweet!

My 'gift' was dinner, movie and these beautiful red roses ...


 
... and we'll be staying HERE this Friday, Saturday and Sunday!  Room #4 - love the pretty rose and pink color palette ... this is my 'real' gift as you all know I adore anything vintage and antique!  I'll take lots of pics to share with ya'll!

Thanks SO MUCH for sharing this very special post with me today!  I can't wait to hear what you think of my little silver anniversary trinket box!  Off to take the curlers out and get myself presentable for the big date night out!!

Hugs!
xoxoxoxo

Other challenges for this project:  

Flourishes Bringing Back Beauty - monochromatic color
Stamptacular Sunday #129 - sentiment
Paper Issues - tree hugger (recycled tin, paper clips and muffin tin!!!)

23 comments:

KimCreate said...

Absolutely beautiful. Congrats!
Kim

Lorie a.k.a.The Peddler said...

WoW! Very unique. I like it.

Marge said...

WOW -- amazing project for your special 25th Anniversary! ENJOY!!!

Sue Lelli said...

Debbie, this is such a clever frugal idea! LOVE how it all nests in the box! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Gayle said...

This is amazing !! You are so,so clever and creative.

Cindy Holshouser said...

Have a great anniversary. I know your hubby will! Precious gift and packaging.

yours truly said...

Congrats on your anniversary!

What a clever idea! Simply stunning! Cute touch with the curly paperclips =)

~ Ü ~ Hilda

Katie said...

W.O.W.!!!! That is soooo cool! I love how you made it! NEVER would've thought of that. LOL! And HUGE congrats on 25 years of marraige! What an inspiration! Have a great trip!

Marie said...

Congrats on your 25th Anniversary. This gift is simply beautiful and so very creative. I'll have to check back to see which ring he chooses. Thanks for playing along at CR84FN.

Diane said...

Wow...what a gorgeous gift.....let us know which one he picks...so fun...and let us know what you got ,too..."we" are nosy...Happy Anniversary!!!

Nicole said...

Happy Anniversary! This came together perfectly! I knew you could do it! ;) Have a great dinner and weekend!!

Marianne said...

OMG, you blown me away girl, with this very beautiful creation. Never seen this before. Compliments for your colorchoise and creativity.
Thank you so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge this week.
Hugs Marianne

Beate said...

Wow! This is amazing! Happy Anniversary. Let us know which ring you chose.
Hugs and smiles

Heather Jensen said...

What a great idea! I love how the flower turned out. Clever girl! My hubby has a ring just like the gold one, but his is white gold. :)
Thanks for playing at CR84FN!

Pattie said...

Wow - I really mean Wow! This is fabulous Deb! Who wouldn't love this gift! So very clever too! Happy 25th Anniversary and have a fabulous weekend!
Hugs,
Pattie

Theresa said...

What a fabulous project!! Happy 25th Anniversary. Thanks for joining us at FTTC

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a beautiful project Debbie! So unique and creative! Thanks so much for joining along with CR84FN :)

Keilly said...

Happy Anniversary! Amazing project, such a great idea for decorating a box.

Cindy Haffner said...

Your work is AMAZING

Conniecrafter said...

Happy Anniversary, such a gorgeous way to dress up the box, so love your tin flower

pattyo said...

Don't know how I missed this post! First, Happy Anniversary! I love this box! The foil flower and paperclip spirals are beautiful! Can't wait to see photos where you stayed for the weekend.

KathyJ (Wattle) said...

What a beautiful idea and Happy Anniversary!! Thanks for playing the Bring Back Beautiful Challenge!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Happy belated Anniversary!!! I hope you had a fabulous one! Your project is amazing Debbie...totally cool idea! Thank you for taking time to play the FTTC with us!!! Hugs ~S~