Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Ribbon Reel #10!

 Hello friends and welcome to my blog today!  I'm happy to share a card with you that I created for The Ribbon Reel's 10th challenge -- Back to School!

We have this adorable picture to be inspired by ...

 ... sweet, right?!?


I used some gorgeous pieces of black and white striped twill tape to create ribbon streamers for my #1 Teacher button! 


For a couple pops of color I used some yummy Red Twill Tape across the center of my card and some equally as delicious Cherry Red Baker's Twine (love me some baker's twine!) on the bottom of the card!


Don't you adore that sweet paper ruffle created with newsprint patterned paper?  I saw this technique last week on the Paper Crafts Blog and am completely hooked!  What could be sweeter than a paper ruffle!    The stamps are all from Waltzingmouse - Holiday Labels No. 14, Nutcraker Sweet and Afternoon Tea.

Pop on over to The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog to see what the other teamies have created for your inspiration this week and then I hope you'll give our fun, back to school challenge a try!

Thanks for peeking today ... have a wonderful stampy day!

Hugs!
xoxoxoxo

Challenges for this card:  

The Ribbon Reel #10 - back to school
Paper Issues - learning curve
Wee Memories #66 - simply sentiments



21 comments:

Gretchen said...

love this card!
(and i love me some baker's twine too!)

Pauline said...

Gorgeous card Debbie, the colours are wonderful, and the paper ruffle is gorgeous! I must get ruffling myself!

Kelly S. said...

So much fun, Debbie! I love your back to school theme, and how you made your medal with that combo of frames!

Kim Duran said...

Debbie, this card is just amazing in so many ways! The pleated ruffle, the double label, and the fun papers! Lovely, as always! I am so glad to see you playing along with us at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!

Cassie said...

Love this card!!! You are so amazing!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Paper Issues! We featured you today! http://paperissues.blogspot.com/2011/09/1-teacher-card.html

curlyqmosaics said...

This card is fabulous! I am so loving the ruffling and the cute #1
teacher ribbon. Adorable!

Cathy Weber said...

I guess I better be doing a search for making those paper ruffles! Seems like they are super popular right now and I have no clue how to go about it. Love the colors you chose and how you were able to use three WM sets on this one project.

Romaine said...

Looooove this, Debbie!

Mynnette said...

As a school district employee, I would LOVE getting this card from a student! :) Fabulous work!

Lisa said...

Great colors and lots of fun layers Debbie! SUPER :)

Julia Aston said...

what a fun teacher card! love the labels and pleated paper Debbie!

Laurel said...

Love all the texture to this shabby chique card! Thanks for joining us at Wee Memories.

Debgem said...

A brilliant card with so many lovely details. I do like the ruffle ribbon and the felt - just fab!

Monika Wright said...

I'm here from Paper Issues and Wee Memories...adore your fabulous card!

Laurel said...

This is one fabulous back to school card! wow! Thanks for playing at Wee Memories!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Sweet card, Debbie! Thanks for playing with the Mischief Makers :)

Giovana said...

This is a beautiful card Debbie! Thanks fro joining us at Wee Memories Challenge.

Keilly said...

Beautiful card, love the rosette you created and those paper ruffles are so fun (must try that on a card soon!)

Conniecrafter said...

cool ruffle and love the tags hanging from the medal

Lea L. said...

This is so cute, Debbie! I love the big ribbon you've created, and the colors are fabulous!!

~Christina~ said...

These colors are gorgeous. Just loove this :)