Monday, September 5, 2011

Ghost Sightings ... My Time Made Easy A Year in Review!

 Hi and welcome sweet friends!  Boy do I have a {treat} for you today ... a trick or treat kind of a treat ... an out-of-the {box} handmade gift set ... something completely different than my usual shabby little creations.
I adore the My Time Made Easy A Year in Review assignments each month ... Lauren asks the Design Team to choose one of their favorite templates released during the past year and recreate something fun and different with it.

For today's project I chose to design with the SK8 Board Box and created a super spooky, but simply adorable gift set!  Ready ... set ... here we go!


When I first saw the SK8 Board template, I didn't really get all warm and fuzzy with it.  It was adorable as a skate board, but entirely not shabby 'enough' for me and I couldn't wrap my brain around any designs with it.  Well, fast forward a couple months to the approach of fall and Halloween and when I revisited the template, the first thing that popped into my head this time was a spooky little ghost ... although mine is not that spooky -- she's really a cutie patootie if you ask me!


This was one of the simplest and quickest little projects that I've ever designed for MTME -- really!  I cut the template out on two sheets of white cardstock using my cricut (but if you don't have a cricut, using the PDF version of the file is equally as easy!) and assembled according to the directions.  Then I wrapped the entire template (leaving the bottom unwrapped so I could open and insert candy treats) with some wide white gauze I picked up from the grocery store!  I added the sweet little black and white polka dotted ribbon to the top of my ghost's head, an orange flower - for Halloween - and two eyes made from circle punches.


For the matching card to my gift set, I used the A Spooky Surprise acrylic stamp set to add a couple Halloween theme images to the base of my card and then stamped a sentiment on a tag.  I layered everything on top of a black cardstock doilie and added a couple more orange flowers to tie everything together.


I adore the black and white color palette with just a teeny tiny bit of pop with the orange!  I'm so in LOVE with this ca-ute set, I already have it out on display on my fireplace mantel ... I KNOW Halloween is still 8 weeks away, but I didn't have the heart to pack this little sweetie away ... she's just too adorable!


So there you have it friends ... a seriously easy peesy and cuter than a bug's nose project created with some yummies from the My Time Made Easy Shop!  I know you're going to want to run right over to the shop and purchase this template to make a spooky ghost for yourself.  How about a spooky little family of them all lined up on your mantel for Halloween?  This would make adorable table decorations for a Halloween party ... I'm invited to one and I'll be making another one of these sets to bring to the host -- FUN!!  You can resize the template to make tiny little spooks too!  I really enjoyed making this project and I hope you enjoyed peeking.

Please visit the other MTME teamies' blogs to be inspired by their A Year in Review projects too:

My Time Made Easy Design Team:
Monique Hansen

And then a visit to the MTME DESIGNER'S GALLERY is a must as well.  So much yummy eye candy to look at - WOW!!!

Thanks for visiting with me during the September peeks and Release Party for MTME ... before you know it, I'll be back here showing some brand new goodies which will be available in October -- stay tuned!

Hugs!
xoxoxoxo

Challenges for this project: 

Die Cut Dreams #97 - gift box or bag
Wee Memories #66 - simply sentiments
Flourishes Bringing Back Beauty - monochromatic color
Paper Issues - 31 Days of Halloween

17 comments:

velta said...

Perfectly adorable...and what an inspiration Debbie!!!

Auntie Em said...

Your little ghost is sooo cute with the perky...er really scary...little polka dot bow! The card is perfect to go with it.
Thank you so much for sharing this fun idea! :)

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Love that adorable little ghost. :)

Charlene said...

I LOVE visiting your blog and seeing all the beautiful creations Debbie! Your just plain awesome!! And your right she is a ...cutie patootie !! Love the card absolutely perfect!!!

Terrie B x said...

WoW These are `Spooktacular` Debbie..I love love stopping by and catching up with your beautiful creations..TFI;) xxx

pattyo said...

Such a cute set!

Judy McMullen said...

Adorable! And very clever use of the SK8 Board template!! Love it!!!

Nina said...

Wooaaw, what a fab idea!! Love the ghost, she is so, so sweet ♥ A really great card to.

Thank you for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week.
Hugs, Nina.

Fiona said...

fabulous creation!! Must check out that sk8 board!!

Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

Fi
x

Lisa said...

OH my goodness how cute is this!!!

Rachel Izakowicz said...

What a great creation - so sweet! Thanks for playing at Wee Memories this week!

Heather Jensen said...

Super cute! Thanks for playing at Flourishes BBB. :)

Laurel said...

Such a fabulous creation! I love that ghost!


Just a reminder that to be in the running for prizes we ask that you only combine up to 4 challenges, including ours. Thank you for playing at Wee Memories.

Crafty Chris said...

Gorgeous luv the colours.
Thanks for joining us at DCD,
Chris x

Debs said...

So darn cute, makes a perfect Halloween gift, thanks so much for joining our challenge at Die Cut Dreams
Debs
xxx

KathyJ (Wattle) said...

Very cute indeed! Thanks for playing the Bring Back Beautiful Challenge!!

tiffany said...

love this-so adorable!! Thanks for linking up with us at Paper Issues =) Tiffany