Friday, September 2, 2011

Feature Me Friday Artist at The Kraft Journal ...

 Hello sweet friends!  I have some fun news to share with you all today!  It's no secret that I am a huge fan of using Kraft (Cake Crumbs) cardstock on many of my projects.  I adore the neutral simplicity of the palette -- goes with anything!  I also love how stamped images look on Kraft cardstock and I enjoy inking the edges with cream paint to create a time-worn look!

Well, imagine my surprise when Beth, from The Kraft Journal Blog, contacted me last week asking if she could feature one of my cards on their Feature Me Friday Artist Spotlight!  How FUN!


This card was designed for The Kraft Journal's recent challenge called Songs, Movies or Books.  I interpreted the challenge literally and included some teeny tiny books created from old newsprint to place into the picnic basket on my card along with a table cloth made of real fabric, a wine glass and a pretty little bouquet of fresh picked flowers!


I also included a pretty little place setting for this fun picnic themed card!


I adore the pink, green and yellow color palette and how pretty is that sweet little basket stamped with white ink in a damask pattern!  I also included a snipett of blue baker's twine in my design to pick up the blue color in the lady's dress from the inspiration photo!


Here is the original inspiration photo I designed from ...


... isn't it dreamy!

Thanks for peeking in today ... have a wonderful stampy day!

Hugs!
xoxoxoxo


7 comments:

Erica said...

So cute! How fun!

1 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

Heather Jacob said...

wow huge congrats to you Debby... your card is super duper awesome ... love it to bits ... yummy and scrummy ... hugz x

pattyo said...

How adorable!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Darling card Debbie! Congrats on your feature!

Maria said...

I'm not surprised your card was chosen to be featured...how fun! It's a fabulous sweet card...congrats! Take care!!:-))

Cindy said...

Congratulations on your feature. It's WAY over due. I love all your projects and this card is so cute. I hope there are many "features" to come in the future.
Cindy
nindys-blog.blogspot.com

Audrey Pettit said...

Super huge congratulations, Debbie!