Monday, August 8, 2011

The Shabby Tea Room #74!

 Hello sweet friends and welcome to The Shabby Tea Room #74 - 'Tea For Two'!!!  Sheri has picked a perfect theme for the Tea Room this week and has chosen this lovely picture for inspiration ...


 ... and Sheri asks that we create a card or project with a tea theme and use blue & green!


Tea parties are one of my favorite things to do with my close girlfriends!  I adore all things tea and tea party related!!  This card makes me smile ... I used a teapot image from Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps -- our sponsor in the Tea Room this week!   After I printed it, I colored the roses with blue marker, leaves with green marker and then added a bit of yummy glitter to the blossoms!!


My card has a bit of an 'Alice in Wonderland' Tea Party theme going on since I used this gorgeous Wonderland Tea Creative Scrap from Crafty Secrets!  The rose tree is 'planted' in a sweet green tea cup!!  I also used a couple stamped images on the Kraft cardstock from the Cupcake Party, French Mail and Thinking of You stamps sets from Crafty Secrets.   I love the adorable little tea bag tag ... so sweet!!


The Shabby Vintage Seam Binding is Mint Green Tea and Oatmeal Cream from my Etsy Shop!

Thanks for peeking in today ... so happy you stopped by!  Be sure to visit the Shabby Girls' blogs for lots more prettiness along the way ...

Charlene Cundy - Expresstions of Me!

Danielle Greenwood
- Au Clair de La Lune

Melissa Bove - Creating From the Heart

Pattie Goldman
- The Pampered Paper Patch

Sheri Holt
- My Sheri Cards 

... and then I hope you'll have time to play along with this week's 'Tea For Two' challenge!!

Challenges for this card: 

22 comments:

Charlene said...

Gor-gus gor-gus as always!! Love it!!!

Pauline said...

OOh, what a fab photo inspiration, and a gorgeous card too Debbie! I'm going to get my tea drinking head on lol!

Kirsty said...

Oh wow, this is beautiful!

sari said...

Awwww... This is absolutly fabulous! Just love the soft colors and lovely details! Have a great day! Hugs & Sunshine!

Kim Duran said...

I used to enjoy having little tea parties with my daughter when she was little. That is what your card reminds me of, those fond memories of sitting at a little table in a small little chair playing make believe. Sigh! Beautiful card, Debbie! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Kraft Journal!

Elaine Stark said...

Very pretty card. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Annette said...

This is so pretty. I love it. Great job. Thanks for joining our colour challenge at Top Tip Tuesday this week. Annette xx

pattyo said...

I love everything to do with tea also! This card is beautiful!

Samantha said...

Lovely card, Hope its Earl grey in that Teapot! tehhhee Thanks for playing along this week with us at Top Tip Tuesday for our Colour Challenge
hugs Samantha

Caroljenks said...

This is stunning - absolutely beautiful!

Thanks for joining us this week at Top Tip Tuesday for our Colour Challenge :)

Carol x

Lynn said...

your tea party card is adorable!

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

Debbie...your cards always make me smile... I love your style... the layers and color combinations are always perfect! Thanks so much for joining us again this week at The Kraft Journal!

HandmadebyTLC said...

Outstanding! Beautiful project and great entry for the color challenge at Top Tip Tuesday!
Good luck and join us again starting tomorrow!
Hugs
Tammy Louise

Makiko Jones said...

Debbie, this is super gorgeous! I love the ribbon & rose detail. Tea party is my favorite thing to do with friends too...(I'd love to have tea with you if I lived closer!) Thank you for playing the FTTC with us.

Audrey Pettit said...

This is adorable, Debbie! Such a sweet combination of goodies. :) Love that teapot. Your coloring and glittered touches are wonderful. So fun to mix it with some Alice embellishments.
Thanks so much for sharing this cutie with us at The Kraft Journal.

Nancy said...

I love shabby and love your card!

bettand said...

This is such a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesdays challenge last week. Hope you'll join in for this week's challenge as well;) Bettina

Susan@Cardmaking-Companion said...

I love the original photograph and I certainly love your card!
The card is quite evocative and stirred up deep memories of the tea rooms I was taken to as a child.

Tracy said...

Very cute Debbie! That little tea pot is so sweet and I love the touch of Alice. :-) Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Kraft Journal!

Maria said...

Oh what a fabulous card you have created! Lovely teapot, beautiful colors, and sweet image! Love all the detail...so so pretty! Take care!:-))

sandi said...

Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous! Such beautiful soft colors and mix...fab!

Vicki C said...

Very pretty!:)