Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Ribbon Reel #8!

 Hello everyone and welcome to The Ribbon Reel Challenge #8!  Clare is our fab host this time and she has chosen this beautiful picture for inspiration ... 


 ... and the title of our challenge is 'Citrus Sunshine'!  Clare asks that we create a card or project inspired by this lovely photo and use TURQUOISE, YELLOW, GREEN AND ANY NEUTRALS!  Yum :)


I was immediately inspired by the jar of blooms ... {swoon}!!  I used a die to cut my jar and alternated the patterned papers to create contrast!  I filled my jar with a lovely bunch of blossoms 'fresh picked' from Prima!  I used some Blueberry Baker's Twine and  some 16mm Yellow & White Striped Twill from The Ribbon Reel Shop to complete my design!!


I just adore the addition of a gingham butterfly, a vintage bingo card image, a paper doilie and bits and bobs from my treasure baskets!!


Thanks so much for peeking at my card today ... so happy you could visit :)  Now hop on over to The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog to be inspired by the other teamies designs this week and then I hope you have time to give our Citrus Sunshine challenge a try!!!

Hugs!
xoxoxoxo

Challenges for this card: 

The Ribbon Reel #8 - Citrus Sunshine
JUGS #96 - sketch



13 comments:

Maria said...

So many pretty flowers all on one card! I could stare at this card all day! Love the bingo card, ribbon, doily too! This card ranks very highly for me...LOVE IT!!! Take care!:-))

Stampin' Pam said...

Debbie I knew without even looking that this was yours by the style that is your signature style - Just stunning. Lovely lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week - we appreciate it. It's great to see your work - I'm so out of the loop.

Dana Gustafson said...

FIne work as always my dear! I love the way you worked your floral plus bingo card plus homespun magic! Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls this week!

Pauline said...

Gorgeous card Debbie, love the gorgeous roses and the fab bingo card.

Kirsty said...

So gorgeous! I absolutely love the touches of bright yellow! Such a WOW card :)

Candy C said...

Hello. Your BINGO card is lovely. You really put a lot of thought into this one! Darling little flowers and all other elements. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Keilly said...

Beautiful card, I love your jar of freshly picked blossoms and that sweet gingham butterfly x

pattyo said...

What a sweet card!

Andrea M said...

Gorgeous card Debbie! Absolutely beautiful!!! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!

Elise said...

*CLUNK!*

I'm all a-swoon over your LAYERS upon LAYERS of vintage GORGEOUS goodness! Simply STUNNING how you interpreted the JUST US GIRLS sketch! THANK you, OH, sooooo much, for sharing this with us, my dear! xoxo!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So pretty Debbie! Love the BINGO card and all the pretty flowers!

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

mommyof5kidz said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for playing along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon this month!