Friday, August 5, 2011

My Time Made Easy - A Year In Review!

 Well, it's hard to believe that yet another new release has come and gone in the My Time Made Easy Shop ... boy do the days just fly by lately!!  I'm sad to see the August Release come to a close today -- but super excited about what is on the horizon for Lauren's September Release ... stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today is my favorite day out of the week of project sharing because today is Designer's Choice ... I got to pick my favorite template along with my favorite papers and stamp sets to create a project for your inspiration today.  Well, it is no easy task for me to pick a 'favorite' ... I adore everything that Lauren designs ... so I chose to pick a few of my favorites to make a gift set today to share -- ENJOY!!

Re-introducing CARRY IT -- 'Home Sweet  Home Style'!!!


I printed off some gorgeous papers from the Dainty Damask Collection to cut out the Carry It template with.  Using my Cricut made quick work of assembly ... but this particular template is easy peesy to assemble - all straight lines and folds, so it will go together in a snap using the PDF version with scissors too!   I am smitten with this particular paper line ... check out the wallpaper on my blog!  Look familiar??  Next I cut out a bird using the A Little Birdie Cut File -- my 'go to' file for a lot of my paper craft projects!


The wing was punched with some more Dainty Damask paper using the Bird Builder punch from SU!  The leaves were also punched using the same SU! punch and some Lucky Limeade cardstock.  I ran outside and found a couple twigs in my yard for the little birdie to perch herself on!  Blue Birds are my favorite ... I have several Blue Bird houses in my backyard and a couple families that return each year to nest and hatch their babies ... too sweet!  So, my little birdie just had to be blue!!


The roof was cut using the Carry It file and then I embossed it using the Square Lattice textured embossing folder from SU!  I added a pretty damask butterfly from Jenni Bowlin, some satin flowers and vintage cotton trim from an antiquing trip this past spring!


For the matching card, I cut a label using the Occasional Label Cut File and stamped my images using the  Singing Silhouette and Occasional Labels stamp sets.  I added some more of the pretty Dainty Damask paper along with a border cut from the Border Builders Scalloped Dot Cut File.  The addition of some pretty rhinestones, a satin flower, some baker's twine and yummy satin ribbon complete this card!!


My two favorite patterns in the world are damask and polka dots ... YUM!  Isn't this so fun!!


And there you have it ... what an adorable gift to give to that special friend who has just moved into a new 'nest'!!!  

Please be sure to visit all the MTME Designers' blogs today as each girl has a very special project to share with you ...

My Time Made Easy Design Team:
Monique Hansen

... and don't forget to pop on over to the MTME DESIGNER'S GALLERY and check out the beautiful projects posted in the gallery ... WOW!!!!!

Thanks so much for visiting with me today!  I hope you enjoyed this sweet little set!

Hugs!
xoxoxoxoxo

Challenges for this project: 

Pals Paper Arts #105 - limeade, indigo, daffodil
Pixie Dust Paperie - butterfly


20 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful creation, thanks for playing along with Pixie!

Ros said...

This little house template has always been one of my favs ... as you know I have made lots of them and this is stunning Debbie ... love the bird and another lovely card ... thanks so much for sharing it with us at CCCB

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Absolutely gorgeous Debbie! Wow!! Love that adorable house!!

Hugs...
Melissa

lauren bergold said...

what a stunningly beautiful gift set! no wonder it's a favorite!!! <3

Ellen said...

Absolutely beautiful! I am so impressed with this project. I have been considering doing a matching box and card so your inspiration is just in time! I love the colors and the patterns...just gorgeous Debbie.

Linda R. said...

This is soooo cute.. You rocked our challenge.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

velta said...

You outdid yourself on this one Debbie!!! I looked, and said, I think those are real branches...sure enough...Perfectly Darling!!

Anna Fearer said...

This is just so cute! I love it!

Grenouille Greetings said...

Wow what a fabulous birdhouse and card. Love your zingy colours and pretty embellishments. It's lovely to see you again at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge this week! Hugs, Lesley

Beate said...

What a gorgeous little house and matching card.
Thanks for participating in the Timeless Tuesday challenge.
Hugs and smiles

Céline said...

fab project !!!! love your combo!
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline SSC DT

Keilly said...

Oh wow, how adorable is that little bird house, beautiful. I love the little twigs the bird is perched on, so cute!

Maggie said...

I luv luv the bird house :)
I will be honored if you will add this project in our weekly linking party every Wednesdays at
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/08/my-inner-baker-with-linking-party.html
Have a great week,
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

Elise said...

THESE are some of my favorite, favorite, ALL TIME favorite colors together! What great creations you have shared! I love your use of the Card Pattern's sketch for this past week - I'm DELIGHTED that you took the time to share your lovely work with us! THANK YOU! Yee Haw!

Allison Cope said...

How adorable Debbie! Love that little birdhouse! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Flourishes for Timeless Tuesday!

Sheri said...

OH WOW! This is AMAZING as usual! This color combo is AWESOME!

Davi said...

Very pretty card and birdhouse Debbie! I love the dp and colors you used! Thanks for sharing with us at TT this week.

Cheryl Nelson said...

This is just DELIGHTFUL! Thank you so much for sharing your talent at CCCB!

Jeanne S said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for playing The Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge!

mommyof5kidz said...

Beautiful! Absolutely Beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon this month!