Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Margaritaville for the boys ...

 Hi all and welcome today!  I have a cute and 'masculine' LO to share with you all today ... well, as masculine as I can make it in my shabby little world!!  All patterned papers are Miss Nelly from Kaisercraft!!


I was absolutely tickled {pink} when I saw Once Upon A Sketch's new challenge yesterday ... a LO with journaling to include a couple sentences from your favorite song!  No kidding ... I had some pictures and souveniers from our trip to the beach last month laying on my work table just waiting to be played with!  My favorite song is Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville ... and we were lucky enough to eat lunch one day at his restaurant in Myrtle Beach, SC ... AND the ringtone on my mobile phone is Margaritaville too!!


I brought home the pink palm tree drink stirs that were in my watermelon Margarita I enjoyed with lunch and thought they'd look cute added to this LO!  The picture is of my two handsome sons standing in front of a wall of surf boards while we were waiting to be seated!!


I love how the black pearl flourish coordinates with the black type for my journaling and also the black T-shirt my youngest son is wearing and the black shorts my oldest son is wearing ... so nice of them to coordinate for me {giggle}!!


The bright pops of color in the lime green, indgo blue and red are unexpected surprises ... I normally would not pair these colors together, but them seem to work with all this beach-y brightness.


Thanks for peeking in today ... I hope you're all having a wonderful stampy day!

Hugs!
xoxoxoxo

Challenges for this LO:
Once Upon A Sketch 8/15 - sketch and favorite song journaling
Paper Issues - Let's Ride (surf boards!!)
Tuesday Throwdown #62 - non-stamped sentiment
Fussy and Fancy #43 - use a lot/at least 3 of favorite embellies

23 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh, I love this and you did a fabulous job!! I love all of Jimmy's songs, especially this one!!!
XO

Trudi Harrison said...

Love the pops of gorgeous colour and the flower cluster is just so pretty. Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS

Dan said...

Great LO and great use of the bling! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

Deedee Anderson said...

Beautiful layout! Love how you used the drink stirs and song lyrics to personalize it. Thanks for sharing this with us at Tuesday Throwdown. :-)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful layout, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Linda R. said...

What an wonderful LO.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Irma said...

great layering of all the elements!

Anne Bente said...

Beautiful layout!love it

hugs

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Lovely colors and embellies!!!Thanks for playing along at OUAS!

Ros said...

What a lovely photo and an equally lovely LO ... thanks for joining us this week at CCCB

Yolanda said...

Gorgeous page! Love the flowers, bling, colors and the song lyrics are perfect. Glad you could play along with Tuesday Throwdown!

phamil said...

Love your pretty blooms cluster! Wonderful job with the sketch, thanks for joining us for the challenge at OUAS!

Michelle said...

This is a great layout and I just love that song! I love all the layers and the personal touches. Great job!

Charlene said...

Fantastic job!!! I'm laughing....I still see masculine pink :-)And it's awesome don't ya think??

Sheri said...

FABULOUS page! Looked like fun! Thanks for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room ;-)

Natalie said...

Oh what a gorgeous layout - love every element.Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS
xxxx

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Gorgeous LO Debbie! Love the bling!!

Gerry van Gent said...

WOW, what a gorgeous take on the sketch! Thank you for playing along at OAUS! ~Gerry~

Cynthia Lloréns said...

Just a gorgeus page..I loved all the details!!!This is my first time in here and I love everything...I´m follower now !!
I wish a wonderful week.
Kisses and huges from Brazil
Cynthia

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Fabulous layout!! Thank you for playing along with The Pink Elephant.

Bente Fagerberg said...

Love the bling on this. Great adaptation of the sketch. Those flowers look so so yummy! Thanks for playing along at OUAS!!

Cheryl Nelson said...

Gorgeous lo! LOVE the design! Thank you for playing along with us at CCCB!

Helen Tilbury said...

What a lovely layout! Thanks so much for playing along at Once Upon a Sketch!