Thursday, August 25, 2011

August Papertrey Blog Hop!



Hi sweet bloggity friends and welcome!  As I'm sitting home nervously watching the Weather Channel and the coverage about Hurricane Irene, I thought I might pass the time by participating in the August Papertrey Blog Hop -- what fun!  And ... the latest box of goodies I ordered from the most recent release arrived on my doorstep this afternoon, so perfect timing too!

We live in Chapel Hill, NC which is about 20 minutes outside of Raleigh.  We are approximately 2 hours north west of Wilmington, NC where the hurricane is expected to make landfall sometime Friday evening/Saturday morning.  If the storm stays on it's current projected path and doesn't move any further west, we should only receive some wind gusts up to 30 MPH and 1 - 2" of rain in our area ... dodging the bullet so to speak.  Crossing my fingers ... and toes!!!

We relocated to NC in 1995 from NY and only after living here for four short months, experienced the wrath of Hurricane Fran when Raleigh took a direct hit as the storm moved over the mid-section of the state ... 90 - 100 MPH winds clocked at the RDU airport, horrific damage from trees down on power lines, we were without power for three days, but others were without power for up to three weeks in the more rural areas.  The kids missed two weeks of school -- my son was waiting to start kindergarten!  So ... we know all about hurricanes here in this neck of the woods and take them very serious!  I'm thankful we are 2 hours inland and wouldn't want to be on any of the outer banks or coastal areas during this storm - YIKES!

You'd never know by looking out the window that there is a Cat 3/4 hurricane just south of our coast line and beaches preparing to make landfall ... today was in the low 90's, gorgeous blue skies, sunny and lovely!  The 'calm before the storm'.  I'm praying for everyone to be safe!!

So, anywhooo ... I do have a sweet little card to share for Papertrey Ink's Blog Hop today ...


... I was smitten with this beautiful picture of a girlie enjoying a picnic on a beautiful sunny day!  I decided to replicate the images in the photo as best I could and created a damask picnic basket filled with teeny little paper books, a wine glass, a vintage table cloth, a bouquet of pink blossoms, a tiny tag announcing the party and, of course, a pretty little china place setting :)


This card was super fun to design and create!!!


And I sure hope the person I send it to has a wonderfully {sweet day} when she receives it!!


Supplies from Papertrey Ink:

Garden Variety Stamp Set
Table Service Stamp Set
Tiny Tags Stamp Set
Damask Designs Stamp Set
Damask Designs Patterned Paper
Blue Baker's Twine
Table Service Die Collection
Tiny Tags Die Collection
Favor It Box 6 Die
Holiday Mix Vintage Buttons

Strawberry Shortcake Shabby Vintage Seam Binding from my Etsy Shop!

Thanks for peeking in today ... now I'm off to check out the amazing inspiration along the HOP!!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges for this card: 

August Papertrey Ink Blog Hop - photo inspiration
The Kraft Journal - movies, songs or books (I used books!)
Tuesday Throwdown #63 - dimension & texture
Die Cut Dreams #96 - pink, green, coffee (my coffee is a latte!)
Fussy & Fancy Friday Challenge #43 - use a lot of fav embellie


26 comments:

Kay said...

Wowza! I think this is THE most detailed card I've seen on the hop today! Stunniing! I might have to "borrow" a few of your ideas (love the "picnic basket")!!!

Marge said...

What a very SWEET card & I'm sure your recipient will LOVE it!!!

ginalovesdave said...

LOVE your card even before I saw it enlarged when I saw the small version on PT's site! It's gorgeous! I soo love all the details. Can you tell me where the flower bouquet came from? Thanks and be safe!

Lisa said...

Debbie this is SO SO CHARMING!!! Love it to pieces...all of your sweet layers and details!

Rhonda said...

Absolutely love the details!!! I hope you stay safe.

Laura Isham said...

Oh my gosh this is an adorable card!! It has so, so much character. Its a work of art.

Karen C. said...

This is a wonderfully whimsical card. I love the way you used the Favor Box - it looks like a little pouchy purse all filled with goodies for a fun picnic. I can hardly wait for my little Table Setting stamps and dies!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Charlene said...

Gorgeous sweetie!!!!!!!!!! Prayers for a safe evening!!!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!! tfs!!

Amy said...

OMG......you've captured the inspiration photo to. the. detail. Absolutely stunning!!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Your card is SO PRETTY! Love the shabby feel to it. Take care with all the wild weather coming at you. Hope you and your family are safe through it all.

Christianne Marra said...

Adorable card - love all of the design elements.

Jen said...

So darling! I love all the wonderful elements you've skillfully incorporated into this awesome card. The best bit to me is how you have included the material from the inspiration and how it was draped into your card. Too clever!

Suzanne Russell said...

How precious! You really tapped into the inspiration and pulled out a beauty!..

Cindy Haffner said...

So BEAUTIFUL!!~

Beth Moore said...

Debbie, I love everything about this card... all the layers, details, use of Kraft cardstock...so yummy! In fact, I love it so much that I am showcasing this card over at The Kraft Journal for our Feature Me Friday post on Friday September 2, be sure to stop by the blog to pick up your Featured Artist Button and thanks so much for playing along with us at The Kraft Journal!

Terri said...

Great job! Love all the different elements especially the plate and utensils. I hope the storm misses you and all turns out okay.

Tracy said...

ALWAYS love the look of white on kraft and the purse shape just looks wonderful on your card. :-) Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Kraft Journal!

Tracy said...

A gorgeous and Pretty creation. Thanks for joining Oldie But A Goodie challenge, good luck
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! All the little details are amazing and the colors just make me smile!!! Thanks for joining in the fun at Card Patterns this week!!

Audrey Pettit said...

How very adorable, Debbie! So makes me smile. And I love how you used the book pages here. so clever and so perfect for our challenge this week at The Kraft Journal. Thanks for sharing with us!

Maria said...

Love your sweet party card! Great amazing detail...so so CUTE...love it!!!

Theresa said...

Lovely card. Hope you will weather the hurricane without any damages.

Conniecrafter said...

very cute, great embellishing, love the silverware on the tag!

Mummylade said...

This is such a sweet creation Debbie! Thank you so much for sharing with us at DCD and good luck!

Lisbeths kort og scrap said...

This IS really sweet, and I'm sure whoever you'll send it to will be delighted to receive it. Thanks for joining in at Fussy and Fancys Celebrationchallenge. Lisbeth K