Monday, July 4, 2011

A Year In Review goes SHABBY!

Hi all!  Do NOT adjust your dials!!!  If you're looking for the My Time Made Easy - A Year in Review post AND The Shabby Tea Room #69 - Happy 4th of July post ... you've come to the right place!  Both of these projects were due today, so I decided to create two pretty little creations that make up one, fabulous combined gift to showcase both design team challenges.

Grab an ice cold cup of lemonade and come join me as I spotlight some fabulous templates, stamp sets, papers and digital images!!!

Ready, set ... here we go :)


The first little creation I am showcasing today is the For Keeps template {option #1} made up as a jewelry gift box!  I had another handmade jewelry set - necklace, earrings and bracelet - that I knew immediately would be perfect for the star spangled idea I had dancing around in my head!  I quickly assembled the For Keeps template - cutting all pieces with my Cricut (but just as easy to put together using the PDF version of the file).  I cut out some more pieces from the Blossoming Into Spring cut file and made a teeny tiny little scrumpled flower, added a red glittered brad in the center and attached it to the ticket!  I know many of us will be heading to lakes, beaches and street festivities this holiday weekend, so the ticket seemed very appropriate to include on my Red, White and blue gift set!


The template has circles cut out to attach a necklace and earrings or bracelet and earrings, but I wanted to include all three, so I simply attached the necklace and earrings to the box and then tied the bracelet onto the box with some red baker's twine!  This gift is just oozing with patriotic charm - don't you think!!??!!



Next, for The Shabby Tea Room #69 - Happy 4th of July, we worked with this delicious inspiration photo supplied by Melissa, our fabby host this week!


Our sponsor in the Tea Room this week is Robyn's Fetish and I chose to design with the Basket of Apples digital image.  I colored it with blender pens, inked it with twill paint and then used green stickles on the leaf and red stickles on the popped up chipboard heart!  I added some of my favorite things to this sweet little card ... red and white striped grosgrain ribbon, a button with baker's twine, alphas on kraft paper, lace and machine sewing!


The yummy papers are Darling Dots and Sensational Staples ... the sentiment is from the Well Preserved stamp set -- all can be found at the My Time Made Easy Shop!


And here you have it ... a star spangled gift set, suitable for any July birthday occasion or gift-giving need!  This bright and cheery set is jam packed with patriotic charm and handmade with love!

Please be sure to visit all the teamies from My Time Made Easy today to see what they have created to inspire you with today for our Year In Review Design Team Challenge:

My Time Made Easy Design Team:
Monique Hansen

My Time Made Easy DESIGNER'S GALLERY

And then be sure to pop on over to see what the Shabby Girls have cooked up today for our 4th of July Challenge in the Tea Room:

Debbie Marcinkiewicz - Simple Treasures <-- you are here!
Charlene Cundy
- Expresstions of Me!
Danielle Greenwood
- Au Clair de La Lune
Melissa Bove - Creating From the Heart
Pattie Goldman
- The Pampered Paper Patch
Sheri Holt
- My Sheri Cards

Thanks so much for peeking in today!  Have a safe, fun and wonderful 4th of July Holiday!!!
Hugs!
xoxoxoxo

Challenges for this project: 

The Shabby Tea Room #69 - 4th of July
My Time Made Easy Pretty Palette #16 - red, white & blue
Cupcake Inspirations #117 - red, white & blue
Really Reasonable Ribbons #27 - summer fun/picnic
Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog - something unusual (jewelry)
Tuesday Throwdown #55 - red, white & blue
Top Tip Tuesday #40 - 'T' is for (tag, ticket, template)
The Kraft Journal - patriotic or Americana
The Pink Elephant #106 - red, white & blue
There She Goes #114 - glitter, glitz & bling
Flourishes Bringing Back Beauty - summer/vacation (4th of July!)
Off The Wall Craftiness #56 - red, white & blue


20 comments:

Charlene said...

Fabulous creations Debbie!!! I want some of your energy! :-) You are awesome!

velta said...

Oh Debbie ~ Now I am beginning to get jealous...I have subscribed to your blog and to the Shabby Tea Room...THAT is how much you have inspired me with your awesome creations!!! This set is too stinkin cute for the 4th! And I hope your 4th is fabulous for both you and your family!!! TFS!

Samantha said...

Awesome July 4th Project! happy day to you! thanks for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday this week! hugs Samantha :0)

Zoe said...

Fabby project Debbie, very patriotic! THanks for playing along at Sweet Stampin this week, hugs x

Benzi said...

Yes, your box is oozing with patriotic charm...no doubt about it. It's just great. Wonderful creations here. So glad you joined Tuesday Throwdown this week.

Romaine said...

Ohhh lovely!

pattyo said...

Love this festive set!

Whimsey said...

Oh my FABULOUS; great a great gift combination; love it!

Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!

Hugs,
Michele

LaJanette said...

Awesome creation!

Thanks for joining us at TTT :)

Janette

Chris said...

Perfect 4th of July card and gift, the red, white and blue is as patriotic as you can get and it's perfect for the Cupcake Inpsirations challenge. thanks for playing with us.

Audrey Pettit said...

Patriotic brilliance! Your projects are gorgeous, Debbie! So in love!
Hope you had a wonderful 4th with your family. Bummer about the rain, but at least it was a beautiful day. :)

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty! I love the ribbon treatment!! Wonderful job!

Rene said...

Fantastic and perfect for the challenge this week!
Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week!
Rene :D

Toucan Scraps said...

delightful

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Cute card Debbie! Love the shimmery heart! Thanks for entering in the BBB challenge!

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

WOW!! These are fabulous, Debbie!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!!

Lysa said...

FABULOUS 4th of July project!

Thanks for joining us at The Pink Elephant!

mommyof5kidz said...

Just beautiful!!! LOVE EVERYTHING!!! Thank you for playing along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

mommyof5kidz said...

Awesome!!! Love everything! Thanks for playing with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Heather Jensen said...

Such a sweet creation and fabulous 4th of July goodies. Thanks for playing at BBB.