Friday, July 29, 2011

With Sincere Gratitude ...

 Oh my shabby goodness ... will you look at this beautiful blog!  I cannot take any of the credit for all this loveliness ... it is all compliments of my sweet bloggity friend, Viola Mahr!  This precious girlie lives in Singapore and is brilliant when it comes to all things graphic design and computers!  I've been admiring my friends' blogs who have had makeovers from Vi recently like Melissa Phillips, Tammy Roberts, Geri Freeman and Pattie Goldman, so I contacted Vi this past week to see if she could take the existing elements from my blog and create a signature line and maybe a post divider for my blog posts.

Well, Vi went way above and beyond!  She pointed out that it looked like my blog banner was distorted a bit -- my fault for being tech challenged and not knowing how to figure out how to fit the banner to the screen properly!  I stretched it in a software editing program and it ended up distorting and I didn't know how to fix.  I was happy to just know how to enter the banner into the blog - ha!

Well, before I knew it, this sweetheart was asking me what some of my favorite things and hobbies were  ... and then she created this oh-so-beautiful place for me and my friends to come to gain creativity and inspiration from.  Isn't it MAGNIFICENT??!!??

I shared with Viola that I adore paper crafting (of course) along with sewing, and some of my favorite things are vintage and shabby, tickets and seam binding, roses and hydrangeas, buttons and bows, jewelry and treasures!  Vi was able to incorporate all of my favorite things into these custom blog pieces to create a completely stunning package that I am over the moon about!

It was Vi's idea to take the title of my blog ... Simple Treasures ... and create a vintage treasure box complete with a key!  How precious is that?

I don't know about you girlies, but I'm smitten with it all and just too tickled that I am the proud owner of a Viola Mahr original custom blog design!

I just adore that sweet girlie :)  She is a selfless and precious spirit!

Thanks for peeking in today ... I hope you're all having a wonderful stampy day!



6 comments:

Pattie said...

It's gorgeous Deb and very you!!! Great job Viola...as usual!

Charlene said...

Its absolutely stunning!!!! WOW she did a fantastic job :-)

pattyo said...

Love everything Miss Vio does! I just started a blog and am having problems organizing it as I am technically challenged, too. Perhaps I need her help!

Brigitte (SE. Louisiana) said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Maria said...

Wow!!! Yes, I agree with you! Your blog is over the moon with perfect beauty! Viola did a fabulous job!

Mrs Frizz said...

yep - totally gorgeous ... looks absolutely fab-u-lous [and some] ...