Sunday, July 3, 2011

My Time Made Easy - Designer's Choice!

Hi peeps!  Welcome to today's My Time Made Easy post -- my favorite of the four projects I design each month for Lauren -- Designer's Choice!!!  Today I've been asked to create a gift set using my choice of any new template with any old stamp set -- too fun :)
I chose to make an adorable gift set using the new For Keeps template (option #1 - jewelry case) to package a handmade necklace and earrings set I made a couple months ago!  While cleaning out my unfinished space to construct our theater room, I found a bunch of boxes of beads and jewelry making supplies I had purchased a long time ago, and it sparked my creativity to pull it all out and make some jewelry again!  Then ... what does Lauren do but make me the {perfect} little package to showcase it all in!  WOW!


If you enjoy making jewelry or giving jewelry as a gift, this sweet little template is a 'must have'!  It's just so perfect for a necklace/earrings or bracelet/earrings set!  I added a bird that I cut using the A Little Birdie cut file, added a snipett of vintage lace trim and a handmade pink rose and leaf that I made the other night from Fimo clay and some molds I purchased on Etsy -- too fun!


I added a chocolate chip striped grosgrain ribbon band around the box to hold the two pieces together, but still allow the top to easy slip off to revel the jewelry set inside!  I also added another snipett of the grosgrain ribbon that I simply tied in the middle, cut the ends to make bunny ears and glued a pink satin flower in the middle ... this hides the circle fasteners (there are 4 circle fasteners that you'll cut out for this template -- two to hold the ends of the necklace or bracelet and two to hold the earrings), but still allows for easy access for the recipient to remove the earrings from the circles.  Pink and Green ... {swoon}!!


Next I made a sweet little 4 1/4" square card to match my gift!  More pink and green with a pop of chocolate!  Here I used papers from the Sensational Staples and Tea Parlor Fortune Teller's Fallen Leaf  Collections, sentiment from the Timed Write stamp set, and pretty little bloom cut with the Blossoming Into Spring cut file -- love it!!! 


I tied the sentiment tag onto the flower with some green baker's twine.  What a sweet little card this turned out to be!!


I'm just 'in love' with this set ... so much so I'll have another similar one in a different color palette to share with you tomorrow -- for the 4TH OF JULY HOLIDAY -- hint, hint of what's to come!!!  See you then!

Please be sure to stop by the other MTME designers' blogs who have projects to share with you today and leave them a little love ...

My Time Made Easy Design Team:
Monique Hansen

... and don't forget to peek over at the My Time Made Easy DESIGNER'S GALLERY -- loads more inspiration and fun :)

Thanks for peeking in today ... I hope you're having a wonderful holiday weekend full of stampy fun!!

Hugs!
xoxoxoxo

Challenges for this project:  

The Shabby Tea Room #68 - My Favorite Things
Top Tip Tuesday #40 - 'T' is for ... (tag, twine)
Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog - something unusual (jewelry)

10 comments:

Romaine said...

Debbie, once again! :0) love how you decorated the box and gorgeous card!

Lisa Kind said...

Very pretty Debbie! Love your choice of colors and that flower is fabulous!

Velta said...

Oh my Debbie This is Amazing! I am going to Lauren's today to buy this gorgeous template ...I do want to know...Did you use the flower cut out by the SCAL? I do not have one, and wonder if I would even be able to learn how to use it... Thank you for sharing this awesome combination creation!!!

Mi Mi said...

I love these cards. Someone is going to be very happy when they receive them.
Happy 4th

Charlene said...

Those templates are ALWAYS a mucst have lol!!! And this one is no exception!! Beautiful Debbie and LOVE the card!!!

LaJanette said...

OH so so so PRETTY! Love that green and pink together. This is truly awesome with all those details.

Thanks for joining the fun at Top Tip Tuesday :0)

Janette

pattyo said...

Beautiful set, Debbie, as well as the jewelry!

Samantha said...

Fab project! love all the detail, Thanks for playing along with us on the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge this week, For Our T is for ? Challenge, hugs Samantha

Jennifer said...

Love your unusual ingredient! Thanks for playing at Sweet Stampin.....good luck!! xx Jenny xx

Abi said...

So pretty Debbie, what a wonderful gift. Thanks so much for playing along with Sweet Stampin x