Thursday, June 23, 2011

With Love ...

Hello everyone and welcome to this week's challenge at The Beary Scrap Challenge Blog!  We're making DIY (Do It Yourself) goodies again this week ... {swoon}!  I adore to make my own embellies and pile them high on the paper crafting projects!   So much fun and adds such a special, personal touch!


My entire project today is a DIY - another handmade quilt block for my Art Quilt - #5!  The special DIY embellishment I added to my block is this gorgeous 3-D flower.  I  started with some lovely patterned papers from Prima's Botanical Collection and die cut 8 layers using the Tattered Florals die from Tim Holtz.  I scrumpled the layers to add dimension and give the bloom a more realistic look and added a pretty Prima Trellis Rose Lemon Creme flower to the center.


I added more blooms across the center portion of the quilt block - alternating between the Trellis Rose Lemon Cream and Trellis Rose Fontaine flowers from Prima.  I stamped the sentiment (Vintage Ornaments from WMS) and label (Holiday Labels No. 14 from WMS), then die cut, inked with some twill paint and added a couple Latte Pearls from Kaisercraft!   A few more bobbles and bits of beautiful 4" vintage lace trim, vintage buttons and twine, trinket pins in sweet yellow and aqua, a couple of glittered leaves in green, a patch of sunny yellow polka dotted fabric ( from my Art Quilt partner, Tammy!) and some delicious seam binding that I hand tea-stained completes this yummy block!


And here is my completed Art Quilt Block ... handmade {With Love}!!

Thanks for peeking in today -- have a wonderful stampy day!

Hugs,
Debbie
xoxoxoxo

Challenges for this project:  
The Beary Scrap Challenge Blog:  DIY embellishment
The Shabby Tea Room #67 - classic patterns/polka dots
Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #52 - a year of sketches (designer's choice!)
Simon Says Stamp & Show - metal (trinket pins)
CR84FN #32 - aqua, green, yellow

    

22 comments:

Tammy Roberts said...

You know what I am going to say.... LOVE IT!!! I really love the yellow and blue together. Congrats on the top three for your last Art Quilt block!

Debgem said...

Just wonderful!! Fully of shabby chic goodness. I adore the roses and the lace and the pins - well it's beautiful. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

What a beautiful creation :) :)

Lisa said...

I have been admiring so many art quilts latley...your is another! I think I might have a new project to start!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful use of the colors. Lovely details and shabby chicness! Glad you joined us at CR84FN!

Charlene said...

Bee-u-ti-ful!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the colors and all the flowers...Perfection!! :-)

Jean Martin said...

OMGosh!!!! STUNNING!!! Absolutely STUNNING!!!! Really, really glad you could join us at WMSC! :)

Sheri said...

This is MAGNIFICENT!! Perfect take on the color and sketch challenges!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So pretty Debbie! Love all the blossoms and the WM label! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN and the WMSC :)

pattyo said...

Beautiful quilt block,Debbie! Love those colors together!

Linda B said...

This is soooo gorgeous.... I LOVE it... just absolutely beautiful!!!

Kelly S. said...

Lovely flowers and in my fave color scheme, loooove me some yellow and aqua! Great use of that sketch, Deb!

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

This is a fantastic card. I love your colors! The hat pins are always an extra suprise...they add so much charm.

Smiles!
Gwen

Ros said...

I can't wait to see your finished quilt ... it is going to be stunning!!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Gorgeous use of colour! Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

Ginny said...

What a beautiful work of Art!

cbuswell said...

This is SO gorgeous Debbie!! Love the colors! thanks for joining us this week at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge! : )

Shannon White said...

Wow! Pretty Pretty Pretty! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Dan said...

Great piece, the finished quilt is going to be stunning! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

Maggie said...

omg Love it....
Don't forget to add it to our linking party here
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/06/beautiful-furniture-redo-pop-up-cards.html
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

Maria said...

Wow!!! That is truly one gorgeous art quilt block! The colors and all the embellies are so lucious! I'm in awe of your beautiful creation...great job!!!

Anabelle said...

Spectacular, Debbie!! I just adore this!