Thursday, June 30, 2011

Wish Big ...

Hello all and welcome to this week's challenge at The Beary Scrap Challenge Blog!  We're doing DIY (Do It Yourself) embellishments again this week with a {fun} twist ... add red, white or blue -- I added all three colors to my card to celebrate the upcoming 4th of July Holiday in the US!!!


My DIY embellishment was so much fun to make!  I punched a large star from a snipett of Echo Park's For The Record - Advertisement Collection.   I then punched a smaller star with some cream cardstock and added some pretty Silver German Glass Glitter - yum!  I adhered the smaller, glittered star to the larger newsprint star and glued this onto a pretty seam binding bow!  I bundled up a couple 4mm Rose Buds in white with a piece of blue baker's twine and tucked this little nosegay under the star embellishment.  A sweet red and crystal trinket pin finishes off this pretty adornment!


To further embellish my pretty, patriotic card, I added a lovely little 10mm mulberry paper rose in white and some bling rhinestones from Kaisercraft!   So, there you have it ... a pretty little patriotic lovelie with a hint of vintage charm!

Thanks so much for sharing my creations here at The Beary Scrap Challenge blog during April, May and June with me!  Sadly, this is my final post and the end of my three-month Guest Designer term ... but you can rest assured I'll be back playing along with these fun challenges weekly along with all of YOU!

A big thank you to Kimm and the rest of TBS girlies for allowing to to share this special time creating with the team!  I had a blast and enjoyed every single second of my crafty time here!

Hugs,
Debbie
xoxoxoxo

Challenges for this card:  

The Shabby Tea Room #68 - My Favorite Things
Stamptacular Sunday #117 - stars and strips
My Sheri Cards #63 - independence day
Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog - something old, something new
Cupcake Inspirations #117 - red, white & blue 
Die Cut Dreams #92 - red, white & blue 
Top Tip Tuesday #40 - T is for:  trinket pin, twine, tied ribbon
Tuesday Throwdown #55 - red, white and blue 
Paper Issues - red, white & blue
Off The Wall Craftiness #56 - red, white and blue


13 comments:

Lisa M said...

Debbie,
This card is stellar!!! I absolutely love all the amazing handmade details that you have incorporated here. Fantastic job!! :)
Thanks SO much for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday for our "T" challenge.
It's been a blast admiring your talent.
Good luck to you and happy stamping...
Lisa xx

Rene said...

Oh Debbie this is gorgeous!!!!! Just love it!
Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week!
Rene :D

curlyqmosaics said...

This card is absolutely fabulous! I love the star and that striped ribbon! Such amazing details!

pattyo said...

Love this card and the colors!

Sheri said...

Fabulous collection of items! Love your spin on red, white and blue! Thanks for joining us this week at My Sheri CRAFTS ;-)

Whimsey said...

Fabulous vintage card; love all the elements!

Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

Hugs,
Michele

Grenouille Greetings said...

Love your card with it's spectacular ribbon/star/gem/pin treatment! Thank you for playing along with our stars and stripes theme at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge. Hugs, Lesley

Zoe said...

Loving all the elements to this card! Thanks for playing along at Sweet Stampin this week, hugs x

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Wonderfully patriotic creation. Thanks for playing with us this week at Top Tip Tuesday! :)

Céline said...

gorgeous card, love the cutie embellies
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
Hugs
céline SSC DT

Samantha Ball - aka (Craftychick74) said...

Beautiful card!

Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

Happy Crafting
Sam xx

www.craftychickcards.blogspot.com

Deedee Anderson said...

Beautiful card! I love how you combined not only patriotic colors, but stars and stripes as well. Thanks so much for sharing this at Tuesday Throwdown! :-)

bettand said...

This is really gorgeous. Not only isit patriotic, but the way you've combined the colours with all your details is stunning;) Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday this week. Hope to see you again next week. Bettina