Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thankful for many blessings ...

This has been one of the best weeks of my stampy life!  I'm so happy to share this amazing shabby, scrappy, vintage, fun journey with you all electronically through blogging -- what an amazing tool for us all!

Blessings I am thankful for ...

Of course, first and foremost, I'm thankful for the blessing of my wonderful husband and two fantastic sons!

I am thankful for all of you who leave such {sweet} comments and who are so nice from across the miles!
I am thankful to be a stay-at-home mom that can devote my efforts full time to this paper crafting passion of mine!

I am thankful to have my 'Bliss Banner' showcased on the Melissa Frances Blog Friday, June 10th!!  Someone pinch me please, this is one of my all-time favorite blogs!  I simply adore Melissa's soft, shabby and vintage products and have so much fun creating little handmade treasures and altered art with them.  I'd love for you to pop over to the Melissa Frances blog to peek at my project, and if you like it, leave a little comment there too!  I had too much fun creating this banner and it hangs at my kitchen windows so I can enjoy it each day!  It just makes me smile when I get a peek at it -- so shabby, so fun!
I am thankful for my stampy friend, Tammy Roberts, who is going to join me this summer in making our art quilts together ... WOW, what fun!  I am also thankful to my stampy friend, Melissa Phillips, for all the wonderful inspiration she leaves on her blog -- simply stunning creations that always inspire me to get crafty!  Melissa is one talented little lady and we're all so lucky for her generosity in sharing!!



I am thankful to Sandy, owner of Crafty Secrets and Heartwarming Vintage, for choosing me to be on her Design Team -- what an honor and dream come true!  The vintage-inspired and shabby goodies Sandy offers in her product lines are truly beautiful and so much fun to create with!  This is going to be such an awesome design position ... a 'dream job' for sure!   Stay tuned for lots of shabby inspiration coming soon!
And lastly, for today, I can {finally} spill the beans on some exciting news that I've been keeping under my hat for the past couple of days.  Since this past April, I've been submitting work to apply for a year-long position on the Kaisercraft Design Team.  I am pleased to report that I was contacted this week by Kaisercraft to let me know that I made the final team of 12 contributing designers - WOW - check out the announcement post linked here!  This is beyond exciting news -- I am among a wildly talented group of designers from all around the world!!  My position will run from July 2011 through June 2012.  What an amazing opportunity ... I can hardly wait to begin to create and inspire you with all the gorgeous products that Kaisercraft offers ... {swoon}!!!  Did you see the new Velvet Ensemble and Pink Gelato lines?  My favorite line is Chanteuse -  oh my gosh beautiful!!!



I will share the two projects I designed and submitted for my round two application in a separate post!

Thanks so much for visiting with me today and for always sharing such lovely and sweet comments.  Your kindness and generosity is so very much appreciated here!  I adore this electronic forum -- what a fun platform to share, encourage, recognize and inspire!

Happy day to you all!

Hugs!
xoxoxoxoxo

3 comments:

pattyo said...

This is certainly your year! Congrats!

Pattie said...

WOWOWOWOWOWOW! I am sooo very happy for you Deb! Congratulations and great big cyber hugs are coming your way! I've been so busy dealing with this infection and getting ready for Matt's graduation. I'm so glad I took a moment to catch up on everything on your blog tonight! What a fabulous post of happy news!
Hugs,
Pattie

vio said...

congrats Deb!! :) that is amazing and fun!