Monday, June 27, 2011

The Shabby Tea Room #68!

Hello sweet bloggity friends ... so happy you could visit for a while today!  Our Week #68 challenge in the Tea Room is hosted by Sheri and called 'My Favorite Things' - create a card or project using your FAVORITE PAPER and EMBELLISHMENTS - wheeeeeeeee, so FUN!!


Well, I pulled out some of my favorite papers to begin with - scrappy pieces from The Girls' Paperie and some digital papers from Etsy.  It is no secret that I adore adding {flowers} to everything I hand craft, so my favorite embellishment just had to be lots of pretty blooms ... in pink, of course! To begin the base of the card, I scrumpled up a kraft lunch bag, cut it to fit and then adhered all the pretty patterned papers onto the lunch bag with machine sewing!


Some more favorites of mine are all the gorgeous Creative Scraps that are available from Crafty Secrets - {swoon}!!  Here I used a tag and lovely scalloped image from the Love Mail Collection!!  I backed the tag on a piece of scrap corrogated cardboard that I inked with cream paint, tied onto the Cake Crumbs Shabby Vintage Seam Binding bow (from my Etsy shop) with some yellow baker's twine, and I backed the scalloped image on a piece of paper doilie - another couple favorite embellishments of mine!!


The addition of a lovely bouquet of pink blossoms and a couple of  'hat' pins,  on top of the beautiful digital image - Fancy Hat #2 - provided by Digi Doodle Shop, our sponsor in the Tea Room this week, completes this happy little shabby design!

Well, when I finished this little charmer, I thought it was much too pretty to leave attached to a card and give away, so I removed the card from the base and adhered it to some fabric to become quilt block #7 for my Art Quilt!


I backed this pretty little treasure on a piece of pink and white gingham fabric from my stash.


I added some pretty yellow buttons and a snipett of a vintage lace hankie that Tammy sent me!


 This quilt block is 'so me'!!!  All pink and shabby around the edges (just like me - ha!), hand made from the heart with love with lots of yummy things to peek at!

Be sure to visit the other Shabby Girls' blogs to be inspired by their {favorite} creations this week:

Charlene Cundy - Expresstions of Me!

Danielle Greenwood - Au Clair de La Lune
Melissa Bove - Creating From the Heart

Pattie Goldman -  The Pampered Paper Patch

Sheri Holt - My Sheri Cards

... and then let's see YOUR Favorite Things over at The Shabby Tea Room!!!

PS - I choose the colors for the My Time Made Easy Pretty Palette #15 this week ... so I just had to create something special to play along with the MTME girlies!  I hope you can TOO!!!

Thanks so much for peeking in today ... have a wonderful stampy day!

Challenges for this project: 

The Shabby Tea Room #68 - My Favorite Things
The Kraft Journal - something old, something new
Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog - something old, something new

19 comments:

pink latte said...

Beautiful! Love the hat with flowers!)))

pattyo said...

This card turned quilt block is beautiful!

Lisa said...

Oh so lovely! Nice color combo and great layers of goodies!!!

Betty Wright said...

Debbie, this is totally scrumptious and fabulosuly done! Love the idea of a craft quilt to making this a quilt square is too cool! Wonderful details and paper bag idea! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes FTTC this week!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is just beautiful, Debbie, and indeed, absolutely "you". Love the scrunched lunch bag background mixed with those pretty papers. Fabulous hat and flowers. So love the idea of your art quilt, too. That is going to be so amazing when it's finished.
Thanks for sharing with us at The Kraft Journal.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Such pretty pastels!! I love the hat too - if I went to the Kentucky Derby, I would want a fabulous hat like this one : )

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Nancy Wethington said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

JD said...

This card is so beautiful...love the image and the colors!

Candy C said...

Hi Debbie! Your card is lovely. All the luscious layers of pastel...love it! Very nice quilt square. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

Lindsay said...

So lovely Debbie! Thank you for playing with us at Card Patterns!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Debbie this is just gorgeous so romantic and girlie and pretty and I love it

Marie

Jennifer said...

Oh my! So gorgeous!! Thanks for playing at Sweet Stampin this time! xx Jenny xx

Lisa Kind said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! I love that you used a paper lunch bag on your card! Only you could do that and make it look this good! Great color choice too! Thanks for playing our Pretty Palette challenge!

Nancy said...

What a lovely card!!

Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty, Debbie! I just love the flowers that you've added to the hat image!!

Romaine said...

Love everything about it! I just adore your layers and details!

Abi said...

Debbie, I always think words are not enough for your beautiful cards! Truly fabulous. Thanks so much for playing along with our Sweet Stampin challenge x

Zoe said...

Absolutely love this card, the shabby theme is just my thing! Thanks for playing along at Sweet Stampin this week, hugs x

Melissa said...

Your quilt is going to be so gorgeous Debbie. I have loved each and every one you've created. Always so sweet and shabby!
Melis