Monday, June 13, 2011

The Shabby Tea Room #66!

Hello friends ... so glad you've popped in for a visit today!  I'm tickled to be hosting this week's edition of The Shabby Tea Room challenge for us all - 'Pink Lemonade'!  I've chosen this pretty little summer time photo as inspiration ...


... and ask that you create a card or project using PINK, GREEN, ANY NEUTRAL and FLORALS!  Easy peesy, right??!!??  This picture is inspiring me to invite my BFF over next week for a sit out in the screened porch with some pink lemonade and cake with pink buttercream frosting - YUM!


If you've been following my blog this past week, you've seen that I was inspired by Melissa Phillips' Summer Art Quilt project, grabbed my stampy friend, Tammy Roberts, and am making one of my very own!  For today's Tea Room challenge, I didn't make a card ... I made a quilt block for my art quilt!!!  I combed through my stash of mixy-matchy fabrics to find some pretty pinks and greens!  I adore the pink fabric ruffle I created by folding over fabric and running a gathering stitch along the top edge!  The Shabby Vintage Seam Binding is Mint Green Tea from my Etsy Shop - soooooo soft and pretty!


I added a piece of a battenburg lace doilie and some pretty white eyelet trim.  The buttons and button twine in shades of white and cream are so rustic and shabby.  Our sponsor in the Tea Room this week is Tiffany Doodles and Tiffany has provided the Shabby Girls with some beautiful images to create with this week.  I chose to work with the Vintage Pitchers image, colored in the bloom with pastels, added a bit of pink glimmer, adhered some teeny tiny pink rose buds from The Beary Scrap Boutique and then spritzed the entire pitcher with some pink Glimmer Mist - that's my pitcher of pink lemonade just like the inspo pic!


I added a couple of layers of mixy-matchy floral and gingham fabrics, some pink baker's twine, a tiny safety pin and a sweet little cake ticket tag!  I am smitten with the sweet and shabby charm of this little quilt block!

Be sure to visit the other Shabby Girls' blogs to see what they have created this week to inspire you:

Charlene Cundy - Expresstions of Me!

Danielle Greenwood
- Au Clair de La Lune

Melissa Bove - Creating From the Heart

Pattie Goldman
- The Pampered Paper Patch

Sheri Holt
- My Sheri Cards

 ... and then hop on over to The Shabby Tea Room to give our fun color and floral challenge a try!!

Thanks for peeking in today ... have a wonderful stampy day!!

Challenges for this project:  
The Shabby Tea Room #66 - florals with pinks, greens and neutrals
Moxie Fab World I'm Sew Excited Challenge - sewing icons (buttons, pins, quilt blocks, seam binding, fabrics)
CR84FN #31 -light  pink, medium green, neutrals



6 comments:

Charlene said...

Another gorgeous card Debbie!! I love the ticket and all that wonderful lace :-)

pattyo said...

This block is gorgeous and so you!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So pretty Debbie! Love the mix of elements! Thanks so much for joining along with CR84FN :)

Sheri said...

Love the mix of patterns and the way you used that image! Just beautiful!

Tammy Roberts said...

Gorgeous.... simply gorgeous!!!

Cath said...

Hey Debbie! Thanks yet again for linking this up to the I'm Sew Excited! challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm glad you found it to be so inspiring! :)