Monday, June 6, 2011

The Shabby Tea Room #65!

It's technique week at The Shabby Tea Room and Pattie, our fabulous host, has chosen the theme of embossing for us all to create with this week!!  (You need not use these colors unless they inspire you!)


I did two types of embossing on my card ... I dry embossed the background patterned paper and I wet embossed the sweet little garden tools!



I used some gorgeous 5th Avenue patterned paper from Melissa Frances to begin my card and embossed it with the Vintage Wallpaper folder from Stampin' Up!  A bit of sanding creates a time-worn look!  The garden tools were die cut from Vintage Cream cardstock, embossed with Pink Pearls embossing powder and then attached to a Pink Bubblegum Shabby Vintage Seam Binding bow from my Etsy Shop!


I'm in love with my new goodies from Papertrey Ink ... used the Tiny Tags, Garden Variety and Friendship Jar Spring Fillers stamp sets along with the Seed Packet, Garden Variety and Picket Fence dies.  I stamped some grass and wildflowers growing up the picket fence ... just too cute!!  The seed packet is so wonderful, so vintage ... so pretty!  I popped the top up with dimensionals to create a bit of dimension between the front of the seed packet and the picket fence in the background.



I finished this little sweetheart off with a few of my favorite bits and bobs of vintage lace trim, crepe paper ruffle, baker's twine, trinket pin, sparkler, pink rhinestones, button and twine and some machine sewing!!
I hope you've enjoyed peeking at my Hello Friend Garden Variety card today!

Be sure to pop on over to the Shabby Girls' blogs to see what they have created for inspiration this week:

Charlene Cundy - Expresstions of Me!

Danielle Greenwood - Au Clair de La Lune
Melissa Bove - Creating From the Heart

Pattie Goldman - The Pampered Paper Patch

Sheri Holt - My Sheri Cards

Our sponsor this week is Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps and I used the Fruity Strawberries image in my design!   Be sure to play along in the Tea Room for a chance to win some awesome images and papers!!
Thanks for peeking!
Challenges for this card:  

Wee Memories #59 - anything
CR84FN #31 - light pink, medium green, neutral

16 comments:

Charlene said...

Gorgeous!!! I love the beautiful MF paper and the picket fence Awesome!!!

Velta said...

I am in awe of your creations girl! My goodness what an inspiration you are! I love anything PTI...and I just ordered from them yesterday...now I have to rethink and see about that fence die and the seed packet...Your vintage look is amazing. I have not only become a follower of yours, but I have also subscribed to your blog...Thank you for your inspiration!!

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

Absolutely beautiful :)

Diane said...

Very gorgeous...always love all your details...and I love the PTI stamps, too.....beautiful creation!!

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGoodness! This is fabulous, Debbie! Love the sweet vintage garden theme. And LOVE all your detail and bits and bobs. :)

Pattie said...

Gorgeous Deb! I love all the elements you used to create this oh so shabby and sweet garden card! The colors are fabulous!

Giovana said...

This is really beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at Wee Memories this week.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Beautiful work!! I love the embossed background and that cute picket fence!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Very pretty Debbie!!! Love all the embossing and MF patterned paper! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Heather Jensen said...

So pretty! Thanks for playing at CR84FN! :)

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty, Debbie! I love the inked embossing in the background, and the ruffled seed packet is fabulous!! Love it!

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Deb, as always your card is stunningly beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at Wee Memories. :)

Jen said...

Clever you! This card is simply astounding! So inspiring!

Basslady said...

an absolutely adorable creation!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Debgem said...

This is just so sweet - love the little spade and fork embellisment! It's fab! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!!

Lisa said...

This is so adorable...just love all of the sweet details you've added!!!