Thursday, June 2, 2011

My Time Made Easy Pretty Pattern #12!

Hi peeps and welcome to this week's Pretty Pattern sketch challenge at My Time Made Easy!  We're up to number 12 and here is our Pretty Pattern Sketch ...


... super fun and easy!  You'll definitely want to give this one a try!


I started with some brand {new} beautiful papers from the SHOP called Spring Is Here.  I cut the bird and bird cage using the A Little Birdie cut file and the Caged cut file and then stamped the cage using the Singing Silhouettes stamp set.  I added a bit of hot pink ultra fine glitter and some Daffodil Delight pom-pom trim!


The adorable sentiment is from the {new} Chase Your Dreams stamp set ... I die cut it out and added a couple of sweet pearls!   The rough looking paper in the background is a snipett of recycled cardboard that I cut, sanded, inked with white paint and used for the backdrop to the bird and cage!


A few bits and bobs of lace, Melon Mambo polka dotted ribbon, Prima flower and pearls complete today's sweet little card!
Please visit the My Time Made Easy BLOG to be inspired by the other teamies designs this week and then give this fun little sketch a try!  I can't wait to see what you create :)

Thanks for peeking in today!

Hugs
xoxoxoxo

Challenges for this card: 

colourQ #87 - melon, pumpkin, celery, suede, white
Simon Says Stamp & Show - favorite stamp
City Crafter Challenge Blog #59 - paint and recycled cardboard
Color Throwdown #44 - pumpkin, melon, celery

18 comments:

pink latte said...

So cuuute! Love it! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Too, too precious, Debbie! Absolutely fabulous take on that sketch. LOVE the recycled cardboard background and the label sentiment. Adorable bird, too. :)

Arielle ~ SnappyStamper said...

Debbie, this is adorable! LOVE the pom poms on the cage - too cute! Thanks so much for playing with us at the colourQ this week!!!

Broni said...

Lots of great details to feast the eyes on here! Thanks for playing in the Color Throwdown challenge with us this week!

Nancy said...

You are such an enabler... you see, I have ADOS which is: Attention Deficit OOOOOHHH, SHINY!!! haha! Pretty glitter!

I REALLY like the bird. How did you attach the lace wing to the bird. Is the bird made of chipboard? It's sooo purdy.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a shabby chic beauty!!! thanks for sharing it with us at CCCB!

Uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Waw,, This card is very nice, beautiful and creative,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Ros said...

This is delightful ... love your colour palette too ... thanks so much for sharing this with us at CCCB

Deb Hickman said...

Such a sweet card, I love the summery colours.xxx

Sharon xx said...

Awww i love the little bird with its lace wing, very clever
Sharon xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Beautiful birdcage! I love those trims too!!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Annette_Marlow said...

This is just greatness! What details you have in this card! I love the use of the card in back... to me it's like I'm in a living room and I'm looking at a covered cage in front of some venetian blinds... okay so my imagination gets the best of me... I love it!

Dan said...

Great card, love the colours you've used! :) The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

Sylvia said...

There are so many beautiful elements in this card, Debbie! Thanks for playing at the ColourQ this week.

Linda R. said...

This is soooo cute. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Maggie's Crafts said...

Love it!

Thank you for taking part in WRAP IT WITH RIBBON challenge at Top Tip Tuesday!

So happy you've joined us!

Maggie
xx

Noelle said...

Stunning! Thanks for joining us at CQC this week!

Cheryl Nelson said...

Gorgeous! LOVE the glitter! Thanks for joining us at CCCB!