Sunday, June 5, 2011

Inspire with My Time Made Easy!

Hello everyone ... so glad you popped in for a visit today!!  I'm delighted to share a sweet project with you all that I designed for the My Time Made Easy June Release using the {new} Fresh Popped template!


Lauren asked the Design Teamies to think of unusual and out-of-the-box ways to use this month's templates.  When I first saw the Fresh Popped template, I thought of the flower basket that I made for yesterday's post HERE.  The next idea that {popped} into my head was a LAMP!!  The Fresh Popped template turned upside down makes the most {perfect} lamp shade ... and I got to do lots of yummy decorating to make it come alive!!


I knew right away that I wanted this sweet little lamp to live in my design room, so I created it using the palette from that room - pink, cream, pale green and soft blue!  I'm just absolutely {addicted} to the precious little birdies from the A Little Birdie cut file set -- 4 of the cutest little winged friends you'll ever see!  This one is my favorite shape ... a fat little happy fella perched on top of the lamp with a sweet sugared wing!  


I tucked the little birdie in under a pretty soft pink satin bloom with a pretty rhinestone center!


I pulled a tag from my stash and used my favorite MTME stamp set - Monograms Defined - to stamp the word 'Inspire'.  I thought that would be a very appropriate sentiment for this lamp while sitting in my design room!!  A bit more sugar glitter on the roses and a snipett of a border punch complete the tag and I tied a pretty little bow on it using some Vintage Winter White Shabby Seam Binding from my Etsy Shop.


A few more bits and bobs of yummy goodies ... a pretty vintage key, some pretty blue baker's twine, a crystal trinket pin and pretty pink pearls!   Under all of these pretties is a snipett of lace from an old set of curtains I recently took out of my master bath.  The organza had been destroyed from years of hanging on the windows in the hot sun, but the lace on the curtains was just fine!  I love to recycle things and reuse them in my paper crafting!!


I inked all the edges of the cardstock Fresh Popped template, attached some patterned papers and lace trim with my sewing machine and then glued some pretty crystal drops along the front of the lamp shade!


And there you have it ... a sweet, handmade from the heart vintage lamp shade that you can use to decorate in your home or give as a gift to someone special!  

(The lamp base is one that I had hanging around my house that fits a tea light candle inside.  I did not cut out a hole on the top of my lamp shade so that I could burn a candle, but you could very easily use a punch or die to cut a circle for the candle.  I have seen similar candle stick lamp bases in my local arts and crafts shops and home goods stores.  A candlestick would work as well!)  Get creative ... have fun with this template ... send me a link to your projects when you complete them!

Be sure to hop on over to see what the other MTME girlies have created for inspiration today ...

My Time Made Easy Design Team:
Monique Hansen

And be sure to visit the My Time Made Easy DESIGNER'S GALLERY to see lots more wonderful projects!

Thanks for peeking ... have a wonderful stampy day :)

Challenges for this project: 

Wee Memories #59 - anything 
Simon Says Stamp & Show - favorite stamp

13 comments:

Kristin Eberline said...

Oh my word, Debbie! A lampshade?! How absolutely clever of you! Looks like a perfect addition to your girly, shabby studio ♥ LOVE all of your little embellishments, and that bloom is over the top gorgeous! You are the master of the bird cut file :] I REALLY need to pull that one out and give a stab at some shabby deliciousness myself. Beautiful work, my dear.

Ros said...

What a beautiful project Debbie ... so pretty and delicate ... well done to you for such a clever idea!

velta said...

Oh my, Oh my, Oh my Debbie ~ This is one of the most stunning creations I have seen in forever! What an inventive talent you are...Lauren is fortunate to have you on her team!!! I was just thinking of buying this set when I came upon your creation...now it is a must! I Would Love to know how you made that ribbon flower!!! Thank you for sharing...I am off to Lauren's!

Romaine said...

What a yummy, gorgeous concoction! Now that is really thinking outside the box!

Monique said...

Talk about thinking out of the box Debbie...So gorgeous and creative!!!

Pauline said...

Very pretty Debbie, so many different details to see! Beautiful!

Tangii said...

Brilliant idea putting it upside down like that! I love all of the elements and the soft romantic colors. Just beautiful Debbie!!!

Pattie said...

Absolutely stunning Deb! Love it! So perfect for your room too!

pattyo said...

This is beautiful! Love all the details!

cbuswell said...

WOW, a real work of art! Love all the details especially that gorgeous pink flower!!

Tammy Roberts said...

Simply beautiful Debbie!!!!

Marsha said...

Truly gorgeous and definitely out of the box! Wonderful creation. I would love to know how you made the ribbon flower. Thanks so much for sharing!

LynneForsythe said...

SPEEEEECHLESS!!!

thanks bunches for playin' along with the TEAMIES of SIMON SAYS STAMP AND SHOW!!!