Sunday, June 12, 2011

DeNami Design FABULOUS FRAMES BLOG HOP!

When: The blog hop starts on June 12 at 6 AM, PST. However, you have until June 13, 2011, 11:59 pm PST, to leave comments on all the blogs (to be eligible for a prize).

Why: To be inspired by beautiful creations featuring DeNami Design stamps and also the chance to win mini shopping sprees on the DeNami Design website!

Prizes: We are giving away THREE $20 gift certificates to our website! We'll be giving away one gift certificate to a random participant (DT members not eligible) and then we'll also be giving away TWO gift certificates to TWO people who comment along the hop!



I decided to depart from my normal card making for today's hop and create something a bit unexpected and original!!  This past week I partnered up with one of my favie bloggity buddies, Tammy Roberts, for a fun summer project!  We both were inspired by Miss Melissa's post where she announced she will be making an Art Quilt this summer with Mish.  Tammy and I both adore these girlies and were so inspired by this beautiful idea, that we decided to make a couple art quilts of our own this summer!


So, for today's FABULOUS FRAMES blog hop, I chose the stunning Rosevine Heart frame stamp - my all time favorite DeNami image!!!  I stamped the heart in Vanilla craft ink and then die cut the frame with a Spellbinders scalloped heart die.  I adhered several white paper blooms from Prima that I got from The Beary Scrap Paper Crafting Boutique, stamped a flourish and 'create' sentiment and added some pretty little pearls!  The Shabby Vintage Seam Binding is Strawberry Shortcake from my Etsy Shop!


My Art Quilt will have 16 blocks when complete ... this is #1!  So many adorable bits and bobs of treasures on this scrappy little block!  I even created a sweet little hidden pocket that has a pull-out tag! 


And the vintage image on the tag has a FRAME too!  The lace is Guipure Lace Drops in White from The Ribbon Reel {swoon}!!


And here it is ... my very first Art Quilt block!  This is #1 of 16 that I'll be creating over the course of this summer.  Totally a fun project to immerse myself in, stay inside and keep cool on those hot, hot summer days!  Whatcha' think?  I'd love for you to share your work with me if you are inspired to create a block to be framed or an entire Art Quilt too!
So, onto the hop ...

if you're here from Nicki's blog, then you're on track!

You're here now:  Deb's Simple Treasures (Debbie Marcinkiewicz)

Your next stop is Ayana's blog!

If you've gotten turned around or missed some of the previous blogs that are hopping today, start back at the beginning at the DeNami Blog so you won't miss a single piece of creative inspiration!!!

Thank you so very much for visiting with me for a bit today.  Happy hopping!

Hugs!
xoxoxoxo

Challenges for this project:  

Moxie Fab World I'm Sew Excited Challenge - sewing icons (fabric, sewing pins, seam binding, quilt block, buttons, thread, machine stitching)

43 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

What a gorgeous creation!!! Thanks for sharing and have a great day!!

Pam Wendt said...

What a fun project idea - and this is a beautiful start to what I'm sure will be many more gorgeous quilt blocks! :o)

wendyp said...

This is gorgeous!!!

Rene said...

Debbie, this is so beautiful I don't even know where to begin!!! What a gorgeous project. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Cupcake Inspirations!
Rene :D

{Chrissie} said...

Oh, wow! Beautiful, goregous, amazing job! I adore your style and technique! Thank you so much for sharing!!!

...:::Paulina:::... said...

Oh my, this is just stunning, Debbie. All those pretty details....I can't imagine how long this took to create! You have once again blown me away with your beautiful shabby chic creation. :)

daisydilly (vicki) said...

Beautiful beautiful projects!!!

Emily Keaton said...

What a cool way to incorporate that lovely DeNami heart frame!! Lots of shabby goodness here. So pretty!

Sue Lelli said...

So many pretty details i almost didn't even see the tag! LOVE how you used the DeNami rosevine stamp!

Michele Gross said...

Stunning! Gorgeous! Yum :)

Moira said...

Wow - such an ambitious project off to a great start. TFS :)

Karen said...

Wow, gorgeous! I have no other words..great job.

Heidi said...

What a neat idea! It sounds like the perfect summer project, and you are off to a fantastic start!

Ruby said...

Ooh beautiful vintage project, just lovely!

Andrea M said...

Ooooh an art quilt sounds so lovely! This is a BEAUTIFUL panel - wow! Fabulous use of frames!

Karen McAlpine said...

What a great idea!! I love your first block. I am inspired! I may try my own quilt. Thank you so much for sharing this lovely project idea.

Beverly Montez said...

WOW! So many lovely embellishments!

darkchami said...

This has so much going on that I don't even know where to start. Your work is beautiful.

Lillian Child said...

Fabulous creative style! And your blog is just delightful.

I am now a follower of your blog. So nice to meet you. Stop by my blog sometime and say hello!

http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

sasa said...

Such a wonderful and lovingly made piece...love all the textures, subtle tones - a true vintage treasure. Fabulous work and amazing design!Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful tag with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!
Sarah

Whimsey said...

WOW; such a beautiful creation; love all the embellishments!!

Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

Hugs, Michele

pattyo said...

This is beautiful! Love the tag!

Terry said...

Thank you for sharing your fabulous and romantic Tag with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show, I just love it. Hugs Terry xxxx

scrapalajen said...

Very cute and lovely! Darn pretty!

Amy Smidebush said...

Lovely! So many details! I'm impressed!

julieodil said...

Wow! Good luck with the rest of the blocks!

Lisa said...

Beautiful...thanks for sharing!!!

Kathy Mc said...

Just lovely! Happy quilting…and stamping.

Carol said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Great job!

Ruza's Craft Corner said...

Lovely project! I'm sure it will be gorgeous once its finished. ;D

Lisa Petrella said...

Talk about shabby chic fabulousness!!! GORGEOUS work!!!! LOVE all of those yummy layers and details!

Nicki S said...

Beautiful work!! Love all the layering!

Chris said...

beautiful, can't wait to see the next fifteen.
thnks for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations.

Betty Sue said...

This is absolutely beautiful. I have been following Melissa'a and Michelle's too. These are just over the moon!

Kristy Smith said...

Wow Debbie, just wow! What a great project idea and this is an AMAZING #1 block for your quilt! I can't wait to see the other 15, I know they will be fabulous!

Rae Ann said...

This is such a pretty project. All of the lace and trims make it so feminine and beautiful. Good luck on the rest of your quilt blocks.

Tanya said...

Oh so beautiful!!!

Tina Milbourn said...

That is so georgous...thanks for sharing.

Lisa R. said...

Fabulous project. Love the shabby antique-ish look. TFS joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

Michelle said...

The deep fuscia is perfect contrast! Michelle @ you are glowing!

Ronnie said...

Your art block is beautiful!! Thank you for playing along with Cupcake Inspirations!

Crystal said...

stunningly beautiful! gorgeous color & details! thanks for getting sweet with us at cupcake inspirations! hugs!

Cath said...

Hey Debbie! Thanks again for linking this up to the I'm Sew Excited! challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)