Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dance ...

Hello all and welcome to this week's challenge at The Beary Scrap Challenge Blog!  We're making DIY (Do It Yourself) embellishments this week and I've got a lot of DIY to share with you - wheeeeee!

Recently, I partnered up with my stampy blog friend, Tammy, to make an Art Quilt!  I'm having so much fun making the little blocks for my quilt ... I was a quilter before I got addicted to paper crafting!!  I adore how my blocks are coming out ... all scrappy, shabby and FUN!  Click HERE to read about how we were inspired to begin this fun project together!


So, this is block #3 out of the 16 total blocks I will have when this project is complete.  I stamped a beautiful image from Kaisercraft's Flourish Journals stamp set on beautiful Annalee patterned paper by Prima.  I cut out the image and adhered a vintage tag, a snipett of lace and a couple of Light Pink Rhinestones from Kaisercraft


The pretty bow is made from pink seam binding and I attached a heart charm at the middle. The center of the quilt block had some tea-stained twill tape and pretty little white pom-pom trim.  Above this trim I added three beautiful Snow Pearls from Kaisercraft.


After I spritzed the chipboard frame with pink and green glimmer mist and added some glitter, I adhered some 20 mm pink and white mulberry paper roses to the frame and one more in the center of the pink bloomer!  A few more bits and bobs of vintage treasures - crystal trinket pins, leaves made from glittered paper and machine sewn for contrast, a vintage doilie - complete this DIY handmade from the heart quilt block!

Thanks for peeking ... have a wonderful stampy day!

Hugs!
xoxoxoxoxo

Challenges for this project:  

The Beary Scrap #28 - DIY Embellishment
The Shabby Tea Room #66 - florals with pink, green and neutral
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenges #122 - one circle (vintage doilie) one square (6" square fabric quilt block) 
Tuesday Throwdown #53 - Embellish It, Anything But A Card & Use Your Scraps 
Simon Says Stamp - BINGO: pearls, lace, brads
CR84FN #31 - light pink, medium green, neutrals



23 comments:

Heather Jacob said...

amazing, sweet, divine , gorgeous and more ... soooooooo beautiful ..you are so lever .. hugz x

Lisa said...

Very shabby chic! Lots of pretty elements and girly touches!!

Debgem said...

What a wonderful project you're working on. This is truly beautiful - lots of shabby goodness :) Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

Elaine Stark said...

My goodness what a lovely piece of work, so much detail. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Maria said...

So amazing!!! Such loveliness all on one card! The doily, paper, ribbon, heart gem...so pretty!!!!

Charlene said...

So beautiful!!! I love the doily and the ticket and all the layers :-) Very girly!!

Heather Jensen said...

What a beautiful shabby creation you have created. I love the doily and pretty embellishments. Thanks for joining in with the girls at FTTC and CR84FN. :)

Diane said...

Very pretty.....and interesting....I am working on my own "art" quilt....fun and I notice several are doing the same on other blogs....yours is inspiring!!

june lanum said...

love the card, so vintage

Annette said...

This is my type of card, pretty, lovely pastel colours and girlie. Love it Love it Love it !!!

Annette xx
I design for StampFairy, One Stop Craft Challenge, Incy Wincy Challenge, 2 Sisters Challenge, Top Tip Tuesday

Cindy Haffner said...

So very BEAUTIFUL!!~

pattyo said...

This is just gorgeous, Debbie!

Davi said...

Very pretty card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Be sure to stop by and leave comments to be in the drawing for the Celebration images!

Janetcraft said...

Really a garden theme of this card...love the flowers and colors....and thanks for the sweet comments in my blog...appreciate..
do come back to see for more..

bettand said...

Such a lovely card. Love the sweet colours and the embellishments. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday this week. Bettina

sari said...

This is simply...breathtaking!! Love all the sweet shabby details!!!

Sheri said...

This is so PRETTY! You are simply AMAZING! Thanks for the inspiration!

Emily Keaton said...

This is just gorgeous!! It drips with vintage goodness. You picked super past challenges for your Tuesday Throwdown entries. Thanks for playing along with our Anniversary challenge this week!!
~Emily Keaton
June Guest Designer for Tuesday Throwdown

leandra said...

Beautiful card,nice piece of work:))

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

Such a beautiful card :)

Vicky said...

Wow! Lovely work - so creative

Lauren said...

OH WOW! What a gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

Lauren

Makiko Jones said...

Sweet and lovely card!! I love the shabby chic vintage look and doily! Thank you for playing along at the FTTC with us.