Monday, June 27, 2011

Crafty Secrets Design Team Challenge - 'Childhood'

Today is a happy day ... I have the honor to share with you a couple cards I designed for my very first Design Team assignment for Crafty Secrets - yippiee!!!!

Our Design Team theme today is called 'Childhood'.  This word conjures up such wonderful memories of days gone by, long summer vacations, playing with my dolls, innocence and ... bliss!

For my first project, I used an adorable Creative Scrap Piece from the Love Mail Collection ... isn't this sweet little girl the most precious little thing you've ever seen!


I've added some bits and bobs of treasures from my baskets - pretty striped grosgrain ribbon, lace trim,  rhinestone swirls, pink pearls from Melissa Frances and a sentiment tag printed with my tag maker.


The striped tag is Melissa Frances, chipboard frame from Tattered Angels and bloomer from Webster's Pages. 


Pure 'Bliss'!!!

Challenges for this card:  

The Shabby Tea Room #68 - My Favorite Things
Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog - something old, something new

For my second project, I used another vintage-inspired piece of Creative Scrap from the Sew Nice Collection!  I can remember spending fun-filled days with my sweet grandmy in her tiny little sewing room on the second floor of her home.  She would sew and I would watch her while playing with my dolls at her feet!  Her sewing machine looked just like the one in this photo!  Such beautiful childhood memories of sweet, blissful days!


Swirl rhinestones, lace trim and flowers ...


... Paradise Aqua Mist and Vintage Winter White Shabby Seam Binding from my Etsy Shop, rhinestone bling, tiny envelope/tag and 5th Avenue papers from Melissa Frances, chipboard sewing elements from Maya Road and a sparkler from Webster's Pages.


The pull-out tag is stamped with some adorable buttons, a handmade sentiment and inked to create a time-worn look!


Precious and sweet ... 'Childhood Memories'!

Thanks so much for peeking at my cards today!  Be sure to stop by the other Design Team girls'  blogs to be inspired by their projects for our Childhood challenge!


      Heartwarming Vintage Blog
      Crafty Secrets Website

Challenges for this card:

The Shabby Tea Room #68 - My Favorite Things
Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog - something old, something new
CR84FN #32 - aqua, green, yellow


21 comments:

Jan said...

super sweet projects and love the glittered frame :)

Vicki C said...

Very Cute! Love all the little details:)

Charlene said...

WOW girl these cards are increibly adorable!!!!!

Tammy Roberts said...

Your cards are precious Debbie!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!~

Michele said...

I too love your attention to detail! So pretty!

Shirley N said...

Love your creations, just gorgeous Debbie!

Svetlana said...

What a pretty cards!!!
Svetlana xx

Linda S. said...

Beautiful projects you have made for the blog hop! Love all the details in your cards. I can picture my own Grandmother's sewing machine that looked like that as well.
Linda S. in NE

pattyo said...

Oh, Debbie! What beautiful cards! I do love those vintage images!

Mickie said...

Your cards are very cute and sweet!

beadz said...

Debbie, what lovely cards!
hugs,
gini

busymartha said...

Everything is fabulous! You do awesome work! Thanks so much for sharing!

Auntie Em said...

Ohhhh....I just love all the glitter and swirly blings on your cards. The colours are them are so sweet for the vintage images.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Lisa Kind said...

Beautiful cards Debbie! You choose such pretty colors for our Pretty Palette challenge! Thanks for playing along!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So pretty Debbie! Love the aqua lace! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Debgem said...

Vintage goodness! So very pretty. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Charlene said...

Gorgeous Debbie!! Love all the sweet details!!!

xxxtglxxx said...

Wow Debbie! :) More stunning creations, its been a pleasure to visit your blog!

So pretty, delicate and feminine.

Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Carla said...

Both of these cards are absolutely adorable!

Romaine said...

Ohhh, look at the scrummy details!