Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Carrots and Oranges ... Oh My!

These Carrot Cookies with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting are my {new favorite} cookie ... so sweet, relatively healthy and pretty too!!



I made a batch of these last Saturday and they were gone by Monday -- cookie monsters in my house ... including me!!!  I substituted Smart Balance Butter Spread Sticks (for butter), egg whites for (whole egg) and low fat cream cheese to make these more heart healthy for my hubby.  I have a pot of carrots on the stove cooking as we speak for batch number two today!!

Edited:  for today's batch I added some uncooked oatmeal and walnuts to the batter -- more heart healthy ingredients for the hubby to enjoy :)

Scrumptious yumminess!  Enjoy!

Busy behind the scenes the past couple of days with lots and lots of DT stuff.  Will share soon!!

4 comments:

Keilly said...

Mmmmmm......they look scrummy! Off to check out the recipe. x

Audrey Pettit said...

OHMYGOODNESS, those look SO fabulous! I've never even thought of carrot cookies before, but I'm going to have to give these a try when I get home. TFS!

pattyo said...

These look delicious! Must give them a try! TFS

Heather Jacob said...

yummo!!!!! they look delicious and I bet they are really moist and more-ish !!!!! LOL .. big hugz x