Thursday, May 19, 2011

Soar ...

Hello friends and welcome to my project for this week's 'Nature' challenge at The Beary Scrap Challenge Blog!  I'm enjoying my Guest Designer weekly visits with the teamies and am tickled to share my card with you today ...


I began my design with some absolutely beautiful patterned papers from Pink Paislee's Butterfly Garden Collection -- background paper is Flower Blooms, die cut bird is Dragonflies and die cut lace border is Nature Sanctuary.  I embossed a large tag, inked over the impressions with pink and twill paint and then adhered some pretty trims and laces.  The lovely bloom is from Prima - Trellis Roses Lemon Creme.


The amazing wooden chip birdcage (I'm seriously in love with this little pink glittered cage!) is also from Pink Paislee - Wood Shapes No. 4.  I added a few bits and bobs of treasures from my baskets including some Snow Pearls from Kaisercraft, a pretty little vintage stamped image called Sundress "Bloom" from My Mind's Eye, some pink raffia and berries, a paper doilie, a sparkler and vintage ticket and some Primrose Cookie Dough Shabby Vintage Seam Binding from my Etsy Shop!


It's easy to create mini masterpieces with all the delicious goodies Kimm offers in her SHOP!  Go check it all out... happy shopping ... and then I hope you can make a card for our current 'Nature' challenge ... you have until May 31st to enter!


Challenges for this card: 
The Beary Scrap Challenge Blog #26 - Nature
Paper Crafts May Gallery Challenge - Mother
Simon Says Stamp - sparkle and shine
Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog - spots, stripes & sparkle
Tuesday Throwdown #49 - die cuts
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenges #118 - inspiration photo
Really Reasonable Ribbons #24 - anything

9 comments:

Ros said...

Stunning card Debbie ... and your new blog is gorgeous .. totally shows off your creations in all their glory

Charlene said...

What an adorable card Debbie!!! Love the birdhouse and all the embellies Gorgeous!!!!!

Benzi said...

What a beautiful card full of yummy paper and embellies.

Debbie said...

Nice card Debbie, love the birdcage and vintage feel. Thanks for joining us Sweet Stamin. Debbiexx

pattyo said...

Beautiful cards, Debbie!

sari said...

Wow!! This is such a beautiful, shabby, lovely card! Love the sweet details! I saw somewhere, can't remember now where, that you wanted to know how to make baby shoes out of paper... I have a few templates for them, they are pretty easy & lots of fun to make!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very pretty... thanks for joining us for Timeless Tuesday!

Christine said...

Gorgeous card!! There are so many sweet things to look at. That bird cage looks great covered in pink glitter. Love the little bird too. Beautiful work! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!
xoxo, Christine

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

Amazing!!!! Love this creation :)