Monday, May 23, 2011

The Shabby Tea Room #63!

Hello everyone and welcome to the latest challenge over at The Shabby Tea Room!  Week #63 brings Melissa as our fabby host and she has chosen this pretty little photo as inspiration ...


... and our challenge is to make a card or project in a BABY THEME!  (You need not use the colors in the photo unless you are inspired by them!)



I chose to design with the Rocking Horse digital image from one of our sponsors this week, Lauretta's Digital Stamps.  I printed it out on pink polka dotted paper, cut it out, inked the edges with white paint and then adhered it to a die cut from Spellbinders that I embossed, painted with pink paint and glittered!


The sentiment is from PTI and stamped on another Spellbinders die cut.  I added some pretty green satin ribbon, pearls, white organza ribbon, a pink silk bloom and a stamped baby rattle that I glittered so it would sparkle and pop!


All my images and embellies are mounted against two black die cuts from Spellbinders, some pretty damask paper from DCWV and a pink sparkler from Webster's Pages with another pearl to top it all off!

Be sure to visit the Shabby Girls' individual blogs to see what they have created for your inspiration this week:

Charlene Cundy - Expresstions of Me!

Danielle Greenwood - Au Clair de La Lune

Melissa Bove - Creating From the Heart

Pattie Goldman - The Pampered Paper Patch

Sheri Holt - My Sheri Cards
And before I leave you all today, I had a extra prize up for grabs from our sponsor last week in the Tea Room, The Beary Scrap Paper Crafting Boutique!

There were 15 comments, but only 2 were eligible for the prize (follower at Simple Treasures, participated in the Monochromatic Tea Room challenge and then left me a comment on Simple Treasures regarding the first two requirements).
1 - Charlene
5 - Diane

#1 - Charlene Cundy!!!

Congrats, Charlene!  I'll be getting your prize package out in the mail to you this week!

Challenges for this card: 
Color Combos Galore #193 - inspiration palette
Simon Says Stamp - sparkle & shine

10 comments:

Charlene said...

WHOO HOO!!!!! Thanks Debbie!!! You made my Monday!!! :-)

Caroljenks said...

What a sweet card - gorgeous colours.

Thanks for joining us this week over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'One For The Kids' Challenge :)

Good Luck!

Carol x

pattyo said...

Sweet card!

Samantha said...

lovely project just perfect for a child, Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday Samantha :0)

Sheri said...

Love what you did with this image and the black just makes it pop off the card! Lovely as usual ;-)

designer pens box said...

wow!excellent!
designer pens box

Connie M. said...

This is just so sweet! Love that ribbon treatment with the flower!! Thanks so much for playing this week in the Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge!

Hugs!
Connie M.
RRDT

Crystal said...

This is soooooo BEAUTIFUL!! LOVE LOVE your ribbon treatment! Thanks so much for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Nina Brackett said...

What a sweet baby card. Thanks for playing along with us at Card Patterns this week.

Diane said...

Well, congrats to Charlene and "boo" to me...lol....isn't it amazing how many don't read the post we put out...you can always tell...me...I read every single one...becuase first I enjoy it and second, you can learn so much by "reading"....I have learned alot of new to me techniques that way and my house is proof of how much time I spend on blogs..lol...would of commented sooner, but blogger and I were at "odds"...thank you anywho!!!