Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Ribbon Reel's INAUGURAL CHALLENGE #1!

YIPPIEE!!  The day is finally here for The Ribbon Reel's brand new challenge blog to launch!


I was absolutely {ticked pink} when Keilly, owner of The Ribbon Reel, contacted me and invited me to join her very first design team!  I had been swooing over all the delicious goodies available from The Ribbon Reel ... what a dream to be able to create with these fabby products and hopefully inspire a few of you to do the same!


Keilly is our inaugural host for this exciting FIRST challenge and she has chosen a lovely color combo for us to create with ... delicious red, yummy blue, soft yellow and a pretty green!  When I received my design team package filled with so many beautiful trims, seam bindings, burlap twine, baker's twine and polka dotted grosgrain, I knew right away what I wanted to do!


I started off by making a handmade ribbon flower with the yellow polka dotted grosgrain ribbon ... machine stitch along one edge in the largest stitch available and then pull the end of the thread to gather up the ruffles!  I backed this pretty little flower with a white paper doilie and then made a flourish with the green twisted burlap jute twine to look like leaves and adhered a couple of trinket pins!  I rouched the blue and red seam binding to create soft and pretty stripes of color.


I added a snipett of blue seam binding behind the heart die cut for a little pop of color against the white cardstock background that I mounted the alpha letters and little houses upon!  Isn't that sentiment so sweet!  A bit of yellow baker's twine on a teeny tiny red button finishes off this bright and cheery card!


And here is the finished card ... I love how I found some coordinating red and yellow polka dotted paper in two different sizes from my treasure stash to pick up the polka dots from the grosgrain ribbon ... too cute, huh?!?

Be sure to pop on over to the blog to be inspired by the other design team girlies' cards for our very first challenge.  Our challenges are bi-weekly, so you have two full weeks to participate ... the more you enter, the better your chances of winning some goodies from the shop!

I am super excited to see what you'll create for this fun first challenge at The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog!  Become a follower and mark this site to your favorites ... I'm looking forward to creating along with you every two weeks.  Have fun and see you over at The Ribbon Reel :)

Challenges for this card:

The Ribbon Reel #1 - blue, red, yellow, green
Simon Says Stamp - anything
Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog - something new (ribbons and trims)
Really Reasonable Ribbons #23 - 2 trims, ribbons or laces


11 comments:

cbuswell said...

This is SO cheerful, love it!!

Keilly said...

Gorgeous card, I love that sentiment, it is so sweet! x

Pattie said...

Wow - so bright and pretty!

Pauline said...

Beautiful card Debbie, I love the ruffled seam binding, and the sentiment panel is fresh and funky! The ribbon rosette is fab, and I love the twine flourish, a fabulous card!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Gorgeous colors and that flower is beautiful. Thanks for playing with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon. :)

Fiona said...

lovelt, bright cheery card and pretty ribbon flower. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin.

Fi
x

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful card and I love all the ribbons!!!
Thank you for joining us for Really Reasonable Ribbons Double Dutch Challenge :)
Hugs,
Cheryl

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

So bright and cheerful.

mustangsarah said...

Such a cheerful card. Love the flower.

True :) said...

Beautiful card Debbie! So bright and colorful!
Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings challenge!

Hugs,
True :D

CherylAnn Robinson said...

So happy and cheerful. Love it. Thanks for playing at Sweet Stampin'.