Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Ribbon Reel #2!

Hello all and welcome to the 2nd challenge at The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog!  I am your host this time and have named our challenge 'Strawberries and Cream' and chosen this gorgeous photo as inspiration for us all to work with ...



... isn't is just a DREAM dining room??!!??  My heart skipped a beat when I saw this photo ... so full of soft colors and shabby goodness!  The challenge this week is to be inspired by the colors in the photo above and to use FLOWERS and RIBBON/BAKER'S TWINE in your design!


I began by making a delicious bloom with some May Arts Pink Silky Crush ribbon -- run a gathering stitch along one side and then pull up the threads to create soft gathers.  Wrap into a bloom and tie off the threads.  I added two glittered leaves that I painted with cream paint on the edges to create a soft, time-worn look.  The gorgeous striped ribbon is Organic Cotten in Pink ... isn't it simply beautiful??!!??


I made a sweet miniature banner for my sentiment using sticker alphas.  I cut strips of 1" polka dotted pattern paper, applied the sticker alphas, cut out each individual letter strip, cut one end with pinking shears and wrapped the other end around some yummy Pink Baker's Twine from The Ribbon Reel Shop!  My patterned papers are from the Girls' Paperie collection.


And here is the finished ... oh so girly ... pretty in pink ... delicious confection!!

Be sure to hop on over to The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog to be inspired by the other teamies' creations this week and then visit the SHOP to pick up some gorgeous trims, laces, ribbons and accessories to create a mini masterpiece of your own!!

I cannot wait to see what you'll create using the inspiration picture I chose this week, flowers, ribbons/baker's twine for our 'Strawberries and Cream' challenge!!!

Thanks for peeking in today!  Have a wonderful stampy day :)

Challenges for this card: 

The Ribbon Reel #2 - strawberries and cream
Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog - spots, stripes & sparkle
Stamptacular Sunday #111 - pink-a-licious

16 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Yes,that room is so sweet and pretty and your card is a lovely representation of it. The glittery leaves are a great sparkly touch and the banner looks like it could fit right in the room for a celebration dinner.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Charlene said...

What an awesome picture!!! And do I see for ...The Girl's paperie pp?? Love the banner! Alot of shabby goodness here Debbie :-)

sasa said...

These colours look so good together and the bunting is fabulous.
Thanks for joining in with Simon Says Stamp Show!

Sarah

Sheri said...

This is SO pretty! I'm drawing every bit of inpiration from you! Working toward a more shabby-er look ;-)

Cheryl Walker said...

I love that room too!! Beautiful job you did :) Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbons Challenge this week!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Keilly said...

Such a great inspiration photo and beautiful card. I love the bunting and twine. x

Pattie said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love Love Love all that pink!

Debbie said...

Beautiful colours and what a lovely inspirational picture, thank you for joining in at Sweet Stampin this week. Debbiexx

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing this week at 4 Crafty Chicks!

Céline said...

beautiful card
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline SSC DT

Audrey Pettit said...

How adorable! Love your ribbon flower, Debbie, and LOVE your little banner! Gorgeous!

Lori said...

Pretty! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks...

cebelica said...

Very beautiful!

True :) said...

Oh my my my Debbie! Your projects always amaze me!
The inspiration photo is beautiful but it doesn't compare to your stunning card! Love the banner and rose!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week @ Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings challenge!

Hugs,
True :D

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

such beautiful card! I love it!!! TFS!:)

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.