Monday, April 25, 2011

Wish for Dad ...


I had some rare 'me' time today to spend in my design studio to create a 'just because' card -- no deadlines, no teams ... just for FUN, so I decided to hop along with the PTI girlies and join in on the fun over there!  The April PTI Blog Hop is all about boys and men ... they want to see your best masculine card using goodies from Papertrey Ink!


I don't 'do' masculine too often ... my comfort style is shabby chic with lots of pink ... but while working on this little cutie, I was reminded how fun, quick and easy a more clean and simple card design can be -- all the while still being decorative and pleasing to the eye!  This will make an excellent Father's Day card for the dads in my life ... or even my hubby's birthday this summer -- he is a golf fanatic -- I think he'll get a giggle out of the tee I stole ... borrowed from his golf bag!  I love the play on the 'Happy Birthday' song with the sheet music paper -- too cute!!!


Supplies I used from PTI:

White cardstock
Holiday Mix Vintage Buttons
Alpha Blocks stamp set
 Alpha Blocks die
Tiny Tags stamp set
Tiny Tags die
Postage Stamp die
Library Ledger text-style paper
Sweet Symphony text-style paper

There's still time to hop along with the gang ... click HERE for all the deets :)

Thanks for peeking!!!

Challenges for this card: 

CR84FN #25 - red, aqua, white


15 comments:

Kara said...

love the new alpha on the postage stamp die!

Candy C said...

Hi Debbie. Your "Wish for Dad" card is darling! I love how you put it all together and the four buttons in the corners...perfect for our Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge! Thanks for entering. <3 Candy

Dan said...

Great card, and great use of the buttons! :) The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

Suzanne said...

This is wonderful! I love that tiny tag on this!

Jen said...

I love this Shabby-chic Man Style! How clever. It totally works. Such an handsome card.

Cyndie said...

How cute is that! Love your use of the challenge colors, and the postal die (I MUST get that die!).

Anne said...

What a great idea to use a tee for the card!!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Fabulous card Debbie! Love the added golf tee! Very creative! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN :)

Bettina said...

hi! just wanted to wisch you a happy easter and thank you for all the inspiration and eye candy you give me. thanks so much, theres so much beauty in here!
hugs!

Terri said...

Great job! Love the alpha stamps on the postage die. The golf tea is a great touch too.

Chris Simon said...

Alpha Blocks on postage stamp die cuts - perfect!

Debgem said...

Great card - love the backing paper and big sentiment, the golf tee is a super accent! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Marybeth said...

Wonderful card, I love how you incorporated the tee in the card. I'm going to use that idea for my husbands card. Good to know the postage die will also work with the block letters.

Tracey McNeely said...

Really nice card, great colours and I love that little tag.

Nina said...

Ohlala, such a beautiful card! Great colour combo and wonderful details.

Thank you for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge this week :)
Nina