Saturday, April 30, 2011

Vintage shabby blissful day ...


Yesterday was one of those 'good' days ... you know what I'm talking about!  No work, hubby home to enjoy the day with you, glorious weather ... and doing something FUN together :)  We attended one of our favie antique shows that comes to our area twice per year - the Liberty Antiques Festival in Liberty, NC - about 30 mintues from our home!


I was looking for an antique oak secretary to replace an old pine one I have in my family room, but the challenge is to find a piece that measures 30" wide ... most are 34" or 36" wide.  No luck finding a furniture piece ... but I did manage to luck upon some absolutely delicious vintage treasures that beckoned me to bring them home!  First up is this beautiful vintage ladies hat ... the wide pink grosgrain trim and pretty pink corsage type flower caught my fancy right away!  I put it in my design studio upside down and filled the hat with handfuls of yummy trims that I found at another vendor's booth :)


And just take a peek at these gorgeous, handmade vintage lace doilies I found at another spot ... oh so pretty in {PINK}, don't you think?  They will look so beautiful in my design studio surrounded by all my other shabby, pink treasures!!


And lastely, I hit the jackpot when I wandered upon this lovely little bunch of vintage laces and trims at yet another vendor's booth.  There are so many lovely antique trims in this treasure stash that I won't know which ones to create with first!  Nice problem to have, huh??

We had a {heart healthy} picnic lunch that I packed from home along with some fresh squeezed lemonade from a vendor's stand at the show!  The temps were in the mid 70's with yummy sunshine pouring on our faces ... I got a bit of a sunburn on my chest from all that walking around outdoors.  This show has approximately 300 vendors and is all outside in a farm field ... antiques and fun for as long as the eye can see!

When we got home, I watched William and Kate's wedding on DVR and then hubby and I went out to dinner, followed by our daily three-mile walk for heart healthiness.  Such a glorious day ... these don't come around all too often, so I really tried to soak up each and every minute of the fun :)

No comments: