Monday, April 18, 2011

The Shabby Tea Room #58!

Hello all and welcome, welcome ... welcome to the 58th challenge at The Shabby Tea Room!  This week Charlene is our fabby host and has chosen this pretty little picture for our inspiration ...


... and asks that we create a card or project based on the photo and use PASTELS and STRIPES!



I began with some pretty papers from The Girls' Paperie and a stripped piece of yumminess from the Springtime Vintage collection from SU!  The pretty digital postcard is from Beatriz Jennings Etsy shop ... and coincidentally, Beatriz is this week's Special Guest Designer in the Tea Room too :)









Our sponsor in the Tea Room this week, The Ribbon Reel, provided the Shabby Girls with the prettiest packages of ribbons, lace, trims, baker's twine, seam bindings, velvets and buttons you've ever seen ... I had so much fun diving into my goodie packet and seeing how many of the delicious treasures I could actually fit onto one card!  I added the green herringbone twill tape, cream velvet trim, blue baker's twine, stripped pink button and pink seam binding all from The Ribbon Reel Shop!



A few more favie embellishments like a paper doilie, trinket pin, shabby flower, pearls, rusty jingly bell, vintage lace, glittered chipboard heart, house die cut and machine sewing finish off this pretty little card!  I hope you enjoyed peeking at it because I sure enjoyed making it!!

Be sure to visit the Shabby Girls' individual blogs for lots more lovely inspiration ...

Charlene Cundy - Expresstions of Me!



Danielle Greenwood - Au Clair de La Lune

Melissa Bove - Creating From the Heart



Pattie Goldman - The Pampered Paper Patch



Sheri Holt - My Sheri Cards

And then pop on over to The Ribbon Reel to check out the fabby goodies Keilly has for you to fill your craft baskets up with ...




 ... and one lucky Tea Room participant will win this lovely and delicious prize package!!


Thanks for peeking in today ... have a wonderful stampy day :)

Challenges for this card: 

The Shabby Tea Room #58 - pastels & stripes
Tuesday Throwdown #44 - sparkle & bling

7 comments:

Charlene said...

OMG Debbie!! This is the most beautiful card I have seen! The detail and the gorgeous flowers sigh.....stunning!!

Jen said...

I will stay tuned indeed! Just wanted to get in first to say that this little number, even in the absence of a backstory sure is beautiful. I am such a fan of vintage postal motifs and paired with other vintage and shabby-licious offerings I am totally wrapped. Still tuned...

Diane said...

Wow...this is shabby beautiful!!! Love the colors, love the flowers, love the ribbon...can you tell I love it all...gorgeous!!

Sheri said...

TOTALLY FAB! I love everything about it! You are so talented ;-)

pattyo said...

Beautiful card! Love all those soft colors together!

Lori said...

Hi Debbie! Love the colors on your card :) Thanks for playing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week.

Heather said...

I just love the colors of your card Debbie! I just love your challenge blog..and all the inspiration! I hope I have time to play :-)
hugs!