Thursday, April 7, 2011

My Time Made Easy ... So Very THANKFUL!

I am So Very THANKFUL ...

That my husband's recent, unexpected hospitalization and cardiac catherization/stent procedure is behind us and he is on his way to healing and getting HEART healthy!
For our two, wonderful sons who bring us such joy!
For our family, dear friends and neighbors who stood by us and carried us through the tough days!
For my BFF, Susan, for always being there for me no matter what!
For this wonderful venue to share my creative side and inspire others to experience the passion of paper crafting that I so love!
For all my fabulous design team sisters and all my bloggity friends ... you all are so precious to me!

And now, onto my inspiration card for the My Time Made Easy Pretty Pattern #4 sketch challenge ...


I love, love ... LOVE the sketch this week!


I was able to add some sweet and shabby details to the sketch to make it come alive!  I built the card upon a Kraft cardstock base, inked all edges of papers with cream paint to create a time-worn look.


A snipett of Cake Crumbs Shabby Vintage Seam Binding from my Etsy Shop, a key to my HEART charm, some yummy baker's twine, a trinket pin, some fuzzy berries and a leaf, a glittered chipboard flourish, a tattered net flower, a shabby inked paper doilie HEART and a vintage post card create this HEARTFELT, {So Very Thankful} design!

Goodies I used from Lauren's My Time Made Easy Shop:  Framed Elegance stamp set, Darling Dots paper, post card from Cool Romance papers, a recolored version in Kraft of the Fresh Cut Expressions Collection text paper and some Cheerful Chirps paper!

Check out the MTME Designer's Gallery for tons more inspiration using the fabby goodies from the shop!

Now your turn ... hop on over to the MTME Pretty Pattern #4 post to be inspired by the other DT girlies' creations and then give this totally fun sketch a try!  I cannot wait to see what you'll create :)

Thanks for peeking ... have a wonderful, stampy day!

Challenges for this card: 

The Kraft Journal - spring cleaning
Stamptacular Sunday #105 - button, bling & bloom
CR84FN #22 - kraft, green, brown


20 comments:

Bonnie aka raduse said...

Fantastic vintage card!

Fran said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful! Hugs, Fran

wendy said...

love love love this card your embellishments are amazing

Geri said...

Deb--so glad your husband is on the mend!! This is a beautiful design! I'm sorry to bother you here--if you did NOT get my email yesterday, could you let me know? I received yours and replied, but I also sent one on Monday that you must not have received. With my current computer issues, I thought I should follow up! Hope you AND your hubby have a peaceful day!!

Nina said...

Wooaaw and ohlala, what a stunning card!! Love all the details and colours ♥

Thank you for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week :)
Nina.

Betty Wright said...

Oh, just so much scrumptious eye candy to take in! Beautiful design and detailing. I gasped at the tattered net flower. Where do you get those? Beautifully done, Debbie!

cebelica said...

Your card is stunning!

Debgem said...

Oh - such gorgeous shabby chic card! Love all the pretty details. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

pattyo said...

Beautiful card, Debbie! Love the shabby net flower. Glad to hear your husband is doing well.

2amscrapper said...

absolutely gorgeous card! and wishing your dh a speedy recovery!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So pretty Debbie! Love the fabric flower and heart doily! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

Sue Lelli said...

Pretty Debbie! LOVE the text and the bow and the heart background! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Nancy said...

LOVE your vintage card! Did you make the vintage post card -if so, how? Feel free to email me your response if you like. I've been looking around your blog and LOVE all your work. I look forward to working with you on the Pretty Patterns design team. :)

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

This card is gorgeous... love how you colored the Kraft paper with digi paper... great idea.

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

Oh...and thank you for playing along with us at the Kraft Journal too!

Charlene said...

Seriously IN LOVE with this card!!!!

Andrea M said...

Gorgeous shabby chic creation Debbie! Such FABULOUS details! I love that flower, bow and doily!!! Wonderful take on the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!!

Caroljenks said...

Wow this is amazing! I love everything and there's so much detail! I LOVE the way you have fixed your charm to your button too - I'll have to remember that!

And what a wonderful opening to your post :)

Thanks for joining in with our 'Thank You' challenge over at Top Tip Tuesday this week :)

Carol x

Audrey Pettit said...

This is beautiful, Debbie! Love the vintage post card and the heart doily. There are so many sweet details here. :)
Thanks for sharing with us at The Kraft Journal.

Kathryn B said...

Such a beautiful card Debbie! Lovin' that tattered flower and these post cards are so fun! So sorry to hear about your hubby! Glad that he's on the mend! Take care.