Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Time Made Easy ... a bit of Shabby inspiration!

Hello all and welcome to the final day of peeks and projects for the My Time Made Easy April Release!  Today is our Year In Review design team post and I've chosen to work with a previously released template called the Card Catch All  and put my signature shabby spin on it too ...



... so wonderfully sweet!  This is my first time designing with this adorable template and I absolutely {heart} it!  It only took minutes to cut the template pieces with my cricut, but would be equally as quick to cut using the PDF version as well!  I printed off some of my favie paper from the shop - Darling Dots in Blushing ... love me some yummy polka dots!


The stamped images on the template cover were made using the Sentimental Occasions and Bold
Botanicals stamp sets ... love that adorable little butterfly!



The fabric flower is handmade ... I cut a strip of fabric 3" wide, folded in half and sewed it into a tube.  Turned it right side out and cut 3" pieces, folded them in half, gathered and glued the centers onto a round piece of cardstock.  The middle is some lace trim I wound around in a circle until the desired size was reached and topped it off with a button and some baker's twine!  The sweet shabby bird was cut using the A Little Birdie cut file -- love it!  A couple berries, some pink tulle, glittered leaves and a crystal trinket pin finish off this pretty little nosegay!



To create the organizational part of this sweet set, I used the Keep It Organized stamp set along with the Keeping Tabs File Divider cut file.  Each tab is stamped with two months and then below there are spaces for me to write in the names of the people I send birthday cards to for each designated month ... BRILLIANT idea to keep me on track so I don't forget any special birthday dates!  I shabbied things up with some paper doilies spritzed with pink glimmer mist, cream paint inking the edges to create a time-worn look, a bit of pink polka dotted satin ribbon and a pretty piece of bling! 



For some matching birthday cards, I continued the shabby theme ... more Darling Dots paper along with the Keep It Organized stamp set!


This is my all time favie color palette to work with ... pink, cream and aqua - YUM!  A bit of tea-stained twill tape runs down the center of the card base and is attached to the card with machine stitching.  The Shabby Vintage Seam Binding is Oatmeal Cream from my Etsy Shop!



And here is the finished card and coordinating organizer that will hold completed cards waiting to be mailed out to special friends!

Now, hop on over to all the other MTME girlies' blogs to see what they have created for your inspiration today ...

My Time Made Easy Design Team:
Debbie Marcinkiewicz (you are here!)
Monique Hansen

And don't forget to peek in over at the MTME Designer's Gallery -- loads of eye candy for ya'!

I so appreciate you visiting with me this week and allowing me to share my inspiration for all these great MTME goodies!  Leave me a comment with links to your blogs when you create something from Lauren's shop ... I can't wait to see what you'll create :)

Hugs!
xoxoxoxoxo

Challenges for this project: 

Moxie Fab World - card sets and containers
The Shabby Tea Room #56 - spring color challenge
Stamptacular Sunday #105 - buttons, bling & blooms
Really Reasonable Ribbons #21 - dies or punches & ribbons
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenges #112 - inspo pic {polka dots}
Tuesday Throwdown #43 - spring
Simon Says Stamp & Show - anything but a card
Off The Wall #50 - color inspiration board - gorgeous!


23 comments:

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful!

TuKara said...

Magnifique!!!!

Heidi said...

Stunning!
Your work is absolutely gorgeous:)

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful set, Debbie! Love your shabby style!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Debbie this is beyond GORGEOUS, you are so TALENTED!!~

Nina said...

Ohlala, what a beautiful projekt!! Love the colours and your homemade flower are wonderful ♥♥♥

Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge this week :)
Nina.

Sheri said...

WOW! So pretty! I gotta get me some shabby ribbon!? Love it!

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Absolutely gorgeous Debbie! Wow!

Hugs...
Melissa

pattyo said...

Adorable set, Debbie!

whoistracy said...

Wow, is this ever gorgeous Debbie!! Love the soft colors here, and of course the trim! So glad that you could play along with us this week on Card Patterns!

Monique said...

Another beautiful project Debbie...:)

Charlene said...

I think this would make a wonderful gift for my SIL ! Debbie, you are such an enabler lol!! :-)The card and holder are gooor-gus!!!!!!

Julie Koerber said...

I am in love with this idea and how you brought it all together Debbie! I might have to CASE it! :-)

Candy C said...

Hello! I love that color palette, too...pink cream and aqua! Your little organizer box is darling and so is the beautiful card! Very nicely done! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge! <3 Candy

~amy~ said...

wow...you do such gorgeous work! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

~Tammy~ said...

This is beautiful and you used the OTWC colors so wonderfully! We are happy to have you join our fun at OTWC!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

What a lovely set, Debbie! I always love coming here to see your beautiful shabby work and this is no exception. You have such a knack for just the right colors and patterns to make such delightful shabby projects. Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Hugs,
Linda

Tenia Nelson said...

Very very cool!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC this week!!

Heather said...

This is a Fabulous idea! I could really use one! I love your handmade flower! Is the rose on the card a die cut or is it ribbon too...I could not tell for sure! Both are beautiful! TFS! hugs~

Dee Jackson said...

Gorgeous!! I love the soft colors and that bow! Thanks for playing in the FTTC this week.

Cath said...

Hey Debbie! Thanks for linking these up to the Card Set Challenge in the Moxie Fab World in celebration of 350 Cards & Gifts Week! Moxie fab! :)

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

Great project! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Lea L. said...

These are gorgeous!! I just love that beautiful card, and the way you used that JustRite stamp!! So, so pretty!